Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]...not trying to be Smaryt-poopy-pants, haha, just throwing out there what I read...[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    UPDATED pics of HALO.... ROO??? DOHatch sept 21

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I like smarty pants!!! figure out what kinda roo I need for my blue partridge brahma will ya?? [​IMG]

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Tommy Petty got it right.. the waiting really is the hardest part!! Silkies are harder than most to tell, too. I had two I wasn't positive of until they started crowing at 9 months old....

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

:lol:You funny.

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Anyone know what these 2 feather footed blue 2 week old chicks are? He only has cochin and brahma they have a tad of tan color just around the eyes,rest is blue/grey..oh and feathering seems a bit more rounded than my brahma chicks, and the comb is too tiny to see what kind. scuse the poop, its clean out shavings time later : ) I tried to search for cochin chicks but colors are all different! weird!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Hey, Sally. I have recently decided to switch to sand in the coop. I had to put it off because I was sick (I am feeling much better today!!) so it will be this weekend in time for the warmer temps (good timing, huh?)
    ANYWAY!!! Sand is great for the brooder pen. It is fine for chicks a few days old when paper towels are no longer used. The grit is tiny enough for the chicks, and still works for my adult birds. The big benefit is that you can scoop the poop with a cat litter scoop. In the coop I will use a pitch fork with hardware cloth zip tied to it.
    Just a thought.

10. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    DH said, "Maybe they are a cross. That would make them a Comma!" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by