Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Seriously?! I'm the only one? Arrrrgh! And no blue?! Waaaaaahh!

And the Forum....it's all ummm TAN. And different. Can't find my way around. No smileys. No Preferences. No color. I can't really be the ONLY one.

Although I can post pictures, hence the Yorkie (Jack Jack)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Apparently there were some changes. Someone on another thread mentioned it, but she said it was because she was using her mobile device.
    Sally, Good question!! Apparently the right sand depends on where you are living. River sand and construction sand are the two most recommended. I just told the guy I am ordering from what I was using it for. He explained what he was giving me, and what he WASN'T giving me. A fine mix that turns into cement! Chunky sand is what you want. Slightly chunky anyway.

3. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I asked Ray for advice (you guys always describe him as the Chicken King because of his many pens and breeds. I thought I would get his opinion when no one offered one last week). I now think I should have asked Chad. As a landscaper he knows sand. Never thought of it. So ... When he reads my post he might chime in, and tell you what kinds of sand are in your area, Sally.
    And I do appreciate Ray's opinion. [​IMG]

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    x2

5. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Sally, that is not a cochin or a brahma, it has a polish body-kind of mediterranian breed looking, racy?????

6. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi guys a lot of stuff going on here, but excited to say we are going into lockdown tomorrow!! so is there anything that you guys can suggest for me that are imperative?? I feel like a first time mommy!! Soo nervous! We are down to seven eggs. Sally is still going strong!! Lmao!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  7. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

Just checking to see if I can post pictures on the iPad now.... This was taken at my friend's farm, on a field trip for the preschool we work at.

8. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I love this mobile app Or whatever it is makes it easier

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Is it possible to love a piece of electronics? I love my new iPad!!!!

10. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    yes you can love a piece of electronics. i love my computer. it fills all my needs. i can have virtual dates. i have a social life. i can go to the libaray ( spelling ). i can shop. i can take care of my business. i can go to the bank i can do all this in my boxers. omg the dr's were right i am anti social.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by