Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Mason sand. It's just like playground sand. There are other kinds and I would not recommend some of the others just because there are different sized pebbles and some can be sharp, and the wicked lil chickens would end up getting one caught goofy and have a whole line of issues. Did not know that chickens are attracted to and attempt to eat styrofoam. Just my own lil side note.

Concrete sand may work better if it is going to get wet and be outside. Inside definitely use mason sand. Concrete sand outside. The extra lil bits in it will allow airspace and it won't cake up as bad and for a crust.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Loving the new way this works on my android!

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Okay. Gotta see if my crackberry will actually run it w/o too many problems.

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    And it does!!!! And I LOVE IT!!!! So much faster and easier to post woohooo!

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Thank you Sharron! All these youngins and their technology.... Humph! Probably drive after dark AND in the rain too!

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Sending you hatching dust!! Good luck!

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I loved mine too... until DH decided he wanted it :(

8. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania
    Mine is afraid of it, even though he bought it for me, lol. It's the kids I have to wrestle it off of. Thank goodness for the password option!
    I was not sure I was going to like the new format, but it only took a few minutes until I decided it worked smoother!

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Pentamom, I like these directions for lockdown...

It's time to...LOCKDOWN!

This means to take out the turners, or for some, move the eggs to the hatcher. For many, it simply means to top off the water reservoirs and then STOP OPENING THE LID!

I know you want to know what's going on in there, but see that big glass space on your incubator, that's a window. That is where your nose goes. Just press it right up against that glass and look all you want. When you're tempted to open the lid, go sit on your hands.

10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    somebody please, just shoot me
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by