Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

1593562617731.png

The birds I get from Dennis are always clever. My black Amerucana is an escape artist and the welbars have decided they want to sleep in the "big girl coop" rather than the one we rigged up for the young 'uns.

The birds I get from Dennis are always clever. My black Amerucana is an escape artist and the welbars have decided they want to sleep in the "big girl coop" rather than the one we rigged up for the young 'uns.
I'm not intentionally breeding for "free spirits", but maybe that is a consequence of selecting for nice roosters and long laying hens.

I just found out yesterday that all livestock swaps at any Tractor Supply stores have been canceled. Even though Tractor Supply doesn't set them up or run them, corporate has announced that they don't want to have any responsibility in any Covid outbreaks tied to the swaps. I just wanted to share just in case anyone was planning to attend any. I was really looking forward to going this weekend.

Maggie the broody Cochin is still sitting on 4 eggs. I had to rescue a fifth from her yesterday! All blue eggs from my little EE Sonora, who apparently has decided that she’s gonna have stress-free babies NO MATTER WHAT. The first 2, Mel and JoJo, adjusted to their brooder very well and have wholeheartedly accepted me as substitute mommy. They LOVE climbing all over me on the couch!🥰

I just found out yesterday that all livestock swaps at any Tractor Supply stores have been canceled. Even though Tractor Supply doesn't set them up or run them, corporate has announced that they don't want to have any responsibility in any Covid outbreaks tied to the swaps. I just wanted to share just in case anyone was planning to attend any. I was really looking forward to going this weekend.

That's sad. When your girls are ready, I'll let DH to pick them up since he works at Altoona everyday. I was hoping if we meet at the swap, he will let my son pick more pullets. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom