Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
Several years ago, this chicken ran from the coop, and fluttered out the door. She landed in a deep pile of snow, and began screaming. :lol: I went out, picked her up, and handed her to Duckling. They stared at each other a moment before Duckling carefully put her down. The hen stayed totally calm.
CA5DABE3-6E06-40D5-9694-8BE8F5807698.jpeg

OneMountainAcres

Smothered in Feathers
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 14, 2013
Central, PA
Mine never made an attempt lol. Sunshine (goose) was out all day and was thoroughly confused by the deep snow and the effort it took to walk. The muscovy pair came out for a bit but not for long. The turkeys weren't happy about the effort it was taking to walk but they eventually trampled down the snow, but only about a 5 foot radius around the door lol

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
I’m telling you, the chickens were having a party today. I don’t know if they got into some over fermented feed or what, but I almost fell backwards when I opened the door after lunch. Chickens everywhere, one swinging from the rafters, they actually were jumping on me! It was crazy, I tell ya! :th

Blarneyeggs

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 22, 2011
Southeast PA
Finally took a walk around the property to check for predator tracks in the snow. Definitely have a fox visiting the main coop. 😬

@BullChick Yup...a little too much green in that pic. Was from the summer. It’s a winter wonderland here now.

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
Thanks to the snow plow, the snow by the road is deeper than two feet. My b-i-l tried to drive through it in a little car. Duckling said she told him not to do it, but he thought he could. :gig
It’s Christmas Eve since idk when I’ll see her again. I’m off to write Santa’s “thanks for the food” letter.

Top Bottom