Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

OneMountainAcres

Smothered in Feathers
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 14, 2013
Central, PA
He is a handsome boy! I have to admit, the Mediterranean breeds may be more colorful, but I am a sucker for the big guys.

Just got home from work around 11, cold, miserable and blowing snow here too, but not much accumulated yet. Hopefully the worst will wait till hubby gets hom e from work, especially since he is supposed to be getting a new snow blower today since the old one (over 20 y/o) had the motor lock up yesterday when he was checking it over.
I go back to work in the morning, should be a fun ride if we get what is forecast.

Please be careful getting there tomorrow morning!

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
He is a handsome boy! I have to admit, the Mediterranean breeds may be more colorful, but I am a sucker for the big guys.

Just got home from work around 11, cold, miserable and blowing snow here too, but not much accumulated yet. Hopefully the worst will wait till hubby gets hom e from work, especially since he is supposed to be getting a new snow blower today since the old one (over 20 y/o) had the motor lock up yesterday when he was checking it over.
I go back to work in the morning, should be a fun ride if we get what is forecast.
:fl

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop in zone 5
I was in town getting some stuff. It’s slippery on back roads, but not too deep yet. It did start earlier than expected, and is getting heavier now. The chickens have snow in the open run (until now it’s stayed on the roof) so are playing in the storage area today. :lol: They love investigating and making a mess in there. The quail are oblivious of the snow since they are wrapped up.

OneMountainAcres

Smothered in Feathers
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 14, 2013
Central, PA
We're up to 8" so far. It seems that the snow has piled up faster since it got dark out. Here's one of the chairs out back.

20201216_183754.jpg

DD, helping me close up the coops

20201216_183811.jpg

DD has been a really good sport today and is loving it. She insisted on plowing the driveway earlier and had fun doing it. She'll probably be doing it again in the morning lol.

fisherlady

Crowing
8 Years
Dec 22, 2012
Northern Indiana County, Pennsylvania
We're up to 8" so far. It seems that the snow has piled up faster since it got dark out. Here's one of the chairs out back.

View attachment 2452170

DD, helping me close up the coops

View attachment 2452179

DD has been a really good sport today and is loving it. She insisted on plowing the driveway earlier and had fun doing it. She'll probably be doing it again in the morning lol.

Good for her! I can't believe how much she looks like you now!
I ended up going with DH to get the snow blower, cleared the driveway about 6pm and by 830 you couldn't tell anymore.

Last measure was 12", it's not worth going out their in the freezing cold to check anymore... besides, after about the first 10" of snow does it really matter anymore? :gig

Blarneyeggs

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 22, 2011
Southeast PA
Good Point! 😝 Hope your drive in today is a safe one.

@OneMountainAcres Yes! Our boy is an Orpington. He was supposed to be ‘imported’ -at least that’s what I paid for...and he seems to be filling out quite nicely, but the black pullet that I got from the same Breeder has a tail so high...she looks like she’s part Langshan :he

D0D0461C-01D8-4442-A2E8-53953DB1E790.jpeg

Top Bottom