Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

We are expecting a foot or so of snow today. I moved all the ducks into winter housing yesterday. I built a new design of movable coop this year and found it's first flaw. I had to get on my hands knees to catch the unccoperative ducks. Need to make a fence I can insert to reduce the amount of space they have when catching them.
Got the new generator and snow blower ready for action too. Time to hunker down and wait this noreaster out.

It's been snowing a good 2 hours so far. Nothing too bad yet. MAYBE an inch so far. We were a little late running down to town and it was a bit slippery but nothing unmanageable. That was an hour or so ago though. How's everyone faring where you're at?

Alrighty Peeps... spent today tarping my little heart out. I never did build a proper ‘run’ for my Guinnea/Polish coop, so I‘ll be surprised if what’s out there doesn’t just blow away. We also managed to rake up and store some dry leaves to add to the runs if it gets too snowy or mucky.

And....This gorgeous fellow is intended to be my number 1 guy...he’s filling out quite nicely.

View attachment 2450946

He is a handsome boy! I have to admit, the Mediterranean breeds may be more colorful, but I am a sucker for the big guys.
It's been snowing a good 2 hours so far. Nothing too bad yet. MAYBE an inch so far. We were a little late running down to town and it was a bit slippery but nothing unmanageable. That was an hour or so ago though. How's everyone faring where you're at?

Just got home from work around 11, cold, miserable and blowing snow here too, but not much accumulated yet. Hopefully the worst will wait till hubby gets hom e from work, especially since he is supposed to be getting a new snow blower today since the old one (over 20 y/o) had the motor lock up yesterday when he was checking it over.
I go back to work in the morning, should be a fun ride if we get what is forecast.

He is a handsome boy! I have to admit, the Mediterranean breeds may be more colorful, but I am a sucker for the big guys.

Just got home from work around 11, cold, miserable and blowing snow here too, but not much accumulated yet. Hopefully the worst will wait till hubby gets hom e from work, especially since he is supposed to be getting a new snow blower today since the old one (over 20 y/o) had the motor lock up yesterday when he was checking it over.
I go back to work in the morning, should be a fun ride if we get what is forecast.

Please be careful getting there tomorrow morning!

:fl

I was in town getting some stuff. It’s slippery on back roads, but not too deep yet. It did start earlier than expected, and is getting heavier now. The chickens have snow in the open run (until now it’s stayed on the roof) so are playing in the storage area today. :lol: They love investigating and making a mess in there. The quail are oblivious of the snow since they are wrapped up.

We're up to 8" so far. It seems that the snow has piled up faster since it got dark out. Here's one of the chairs out back.

20201216_183754.jpg

DD, helping me close up the coops

20201216_183811.jpg

DD has been a really good sport today and is loving it. She insisted on plowing the driveway earlier and had fun doing it. She'll probably be doing it again in the morning lol.

Back
Top Bottom