Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@fisherlady I’ve had the kitty for 2 weeks now, there has already been a vast improvement in her eye. Here are before and after, sorry if this is too gross for everyone. I’m counting on the fact that most of us are farm people and used to a little blood and swelling.
Day 1
6AAB52FB-1CEA-4EC4-96DD-D670FCDFA465.jpeg

Day 11:
BC47160D-6B10-4C7C-A81B-43E81ABF8E8F.jpeg

Day 12
BAADC911-8206-4B2B-A28E-961131121FD0.jpeg

I realize that she’s getting better, but ever since the eyeball burst (this is the second time) she seems to be in a lot of pain and isn’t eating well anymore. Poor thing. I neglected to mention in the first post that she was found outside completely matted and has been declawed.

@BullChick I really appreciate you doing the research :hugsThey told me she was 4lbs when I got her but I have a hard time believing that. The vet gave me kitty ‘morphine’ for her pain after the first time her eye burst, I still have some on hand as I held back some of her doses the first time around -it made her so groggy that she would go whole days without eating. Good thing too b/c I have it on hand for her now. She ate well yesterday and even cleaned herself a bit 👍

If anyone has some older hens they are looking to sell, I would be interested in purchasing. Had 4 hens (Buff Oprinton's) for the past few years and had a fox (foxes) get 3 of them. Worried about a lonely chicken for the winter.

If you have any older chickens you are looking to move, please reach out.

Thanks!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom