Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Some weekend activities...
Headed to the barn property to catch up on mowing. Jeni is an avid copilot.
20220521_132158.jpg

They are just cooling off in the shade on a mowing break...
20220521_171355.jpg

Mindy showed Jeni the drainage creek, Jeni wonders why we've been hiding this from her for so long!
20220521_171038.jpg

And after running the walk behind brush hog around the barn (a lot of places I can't access with the rough cut mower deck) Hubby was enjoying some shade and cool grass...but the dogs made sure he was well supervised.
20220521_180050.jpg

And another walk in the woods...
Mindy sticks close to me (I still move pretty slow from the foot surgery and RA)
20220524_101240.jpg

Found this really strange plant fruit?flower?seed pod?... only found one, it was in a rather open area with a live oak and a few pine around, no undergrowth to speak of. There are May Apples in vicinity, I will try to look up online.
20220524_102505.jpg

A really cool stump with tons of new growth.
20220524_102840.jpg

And Dillon was happy to pose in front of the stump. He loves showing off...the model of the family!
20220524_102918.jpg

And to keep it chicken related... this hen should have cut the apron strings
2 weeks ago, but is still babying this group. Guess here genes are showing , she is a SPR mix after all! :confused: :lau
IMG_20220524_170836.jpg

This grass in insane isn't it? I'm mowing at work and have been for two days straight and in places, the grass is almost knee high! I know I found multiple hiding sticks and branches today and killed at least one small 🐍...oops. It's just growing faster than we can get it cut, especially since it's really wearing on the mowers. At least one is down at any given time....2 at the moment. I like the ventrac... that thing can go through anything and not get stuck. Here's a picture of the ventrac for anyone who's never seen one.

20220523_121034.jpg

My allergies have been hitting hard and every day after work, I just want to come home and pass out. I've been fighting it! Our own grass is starting to look shaggy again, and it was just cut on Thursday! At least the flock can find lots of goodies lol

This grass in insane isn't it? I'm mowing at work and have been for two days straight and in places, the grass is almost knee high! I know I found multiple hiding sticks and branches today and killed at least one small 🐍...oops. It's just growing faster than we can get it cut, especially since it's really wearing on the mowers. At least one is down at any given time....2 at the moment. I like the ventrac... that thing can go through anything and not get stuck. Here's a picture of the ventrac for anyone who's never seen one.

View attachment 3122440

My allergies have been hitting hard and every day after work, I just want to come home and pass out. I've been fighting it! Our own grass is starting to look shaggy again, and it was just cut on Thursday! At least the flock can find lots of goodies lol
Ventracs Rock! Someday when I grow up, lol...

Sorry about the allergies, I guess that is something I lucked out on missing, I get some minor, but nothing like others get. My step-dad actually had to wear a full face mask respirator (looked like an old military gas mask) to mow the field and when we baled hay or moved it around in the barn.
Grass has taken off with a vengeance the last 2 weeks. Once a week mowing actually leaves it shaggy well before day 7.
Hopefully you are feeling better soon!

Back
Top Bottom