Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My babies are big now, but still super sweet. Here is Hershey at few days old and now. Always wants to sleep in my hands. :love

284E25B0-E863-413E-BA7E-B9E03BCACBA6.jpeg

Attachments

• 7016A0F2-EFC4-4680-86B6-F3C638F546B2.jpeg
    7016A0F2-EFC4-4680-86B6-F3C638F546B2.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 0
Update on the Orphington looking,
we would also consider chicks, BUT..not until spring.
Just don't want to deal with littles in the cold right now.:rolleyes:
Also, not one of our girls has had any sign of broodiness, so I'm not going to rattle that cage!:fl:D
If anyone knows of someone or has any of these fine birds, let me know.
Thank you.
**I know Martha (Blarney), did breed them, but not sure of her current situation. Been out of the "loop" for awhile.
Orps are such pretty birds. Search pretty wide and if you find them (even out of state) let me know. I am doing animal transports now and would be glad to pick up birds (or eggs) for you if I am in a run through the area you find them in.

I just saw there was a confirmed case of Avian Flu in my county- Washington, PA.

Is anyone else locking down their flock?

The girls are so mad, but I have some wheatgrass and sprouts started for boredom busters.

I just saw there was a confirmed case of Avian Flu in my county- Washington, PA.

Is anyone else locking down their flock?

The girls are so mad, but I have some wheatgrass and sprouts started for boredom busters.

No, not really. My flock would go crazy. Not only that, my runs aren't exactly wild bird proof anyway so I'd just be frustrating them for no reason.

Tilly, you and your boy are certainly the chicken whisperers! You get them so tame and sweet 💖💖
I have to say that they are naturally that tame. I treat them the same as the other chickens, but this is the first time I have 4 chicks fighting each other to get attention. They even don’t have the flighty teenage period! Dennis has amazing birds. :drool

No, not really. My flock would go crazy. Not only that, my runs aren't exactly wild bird proof anyway so I'd just be frustrating them for no reason.

My run are not wild bird proof either, so I don’t really confine them. If I they all stay in coop, they may get so mad and bully the chicks and each other. Unless it’s getting really bad here, I would confine them.

Orps are such pretty birds. Search pretty wide and if you find them (even out of state) let me know. I am doing animal transports now and would be glad to pick up birds (or eggs) for you if I am in a run through the area you find them in.
Thank you for the MORE than generous offer Fisher.
We are looking, but not in the :barniemode yet, lol.
Our girls are turned off and molting, but we have frozen eggs and have quite a few fresh on hand. Feeling pretty good where we are at the moment with that anyway.
It is amazing how quickly that feeling sneaks up on you though, LOL!!
Thank you again Fisher. Very much appreciated!
Pups helped with some yard "work" the other day, they are total hams when the camera comes out:D

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for the MORE than generous offer Fisher.
We are looking, but not in the :barniemode yet, lol.
Our girls are turned off and molting, but we have frozen eggs and have quite a few fresh on hand. Feeling pretty good where we are at the moment with that anyway.
It is amazing how quickly that feeling sneaks up on you though, LOL!!
Thank you again Fisher. Very much appreciated!
Pups helped with some yard "work" the other day, they are total hams when the camera comes out:D

I have about 4 big English Orpington hens. If you wanted a couple I'd give you two of them. They're a few years old and don't lay well anymore but they're big beautiful girls. I have 2 blue and 2 splash and no rooster anymore.

20221020_174919.jpg
20201110_124505.jpg
IMG_20190525_083642.jpg
IMG_20190226_073728.jpg
IMG_20181214_080322.jpg

For once the weather man screwing up the forecast was a good thing. We expected wet and miserable and ended up with one of the nicest days you could wish for to do outdoor work. Took the log splitter to the powerline log pile and cut and split about 6 weeks worth of wood. Unloaded and stored a large tractor PTO snowblower and generally got some clean up chores done before snow sets in. Birds were taking full advantage of the extended good weather also, spending all day on the power line and in the edge of the woods.
Dogs got to all ride on the backhoe, which is apparently a big deal in the doggy world and I did manage to snap a few pictures.
The log splitter was built in the 70s, has a hitch on it so it can be towed anywhere. I drop the big front bucket off the backhoe and replace it with a bar that we welded a hitch onto the center of. So I pull into the front of the splitter and literally hitch up to it with that set up and then lift up the front arms of the tractor which lifts the front of the splitter and I can then push it anywhere we want to use it.
20221106_113857.jpg
20221104_095659.jpg
20221104_095113.jpg
20221106_114630.jpg

Back
Top Bottom