Zaylinda
Duckncover
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
That’s me!! Near Philly :highfive:

Do you have space for... -checks baskets- 17 goose eggs? I need to clean off a couple a bit and mark them for who's from which group, but they're sitting here at room temp ready to go. (No idea how well they'd do though since it's been pretty cold outside).
My first Pilgrim egg is developing. I think goose eggs have some tolerance for cold temps. I have 3 incubators suitable for goose eggs. 2 only hold 10 eggs each, they are both full of goose and muscovy eggs. The 3rd is my Brinsea cabinet. It is full now, but mostly chicken eggs that can move into the cheaper incubators as needed, so I can add your eggs and see how they do. Goose eggs are a dream to candle, I can easily see development at 6 days, probably sooner, so they don't take up space for long if they are not fertile.
I also have sources for Embden, Sebastopol and American Buff eggs. If those flocks ever figure out fertility, I could have 5 breeds of goslings hatching weekly!

My first Pilgrim egg is developing. I think goose eggs have some tolerance for cold temps. I have 3 incubators suitable for goose eggs. 2 only hold 10 eggs each, they are both full of goose and muscovy eggs. The 3rd is my Brinsea cabinet. It is full now, but mostly chicken eggs that can move into the cheaper incubators as needed, so I can add your eggs and see how they do. Goose eggs are a dream to candle, I can easily see development at 6 days, probably sooner, so they don't take up space for long if they are not fertile.
I also have sources for Embden, Sebastopol and American Buff eggs. If those flocks ever figure out fertility, I could have 5 breeds of goslings hatching weekly!
Trust me these are the days where I wish I had a cabinet incubator to throw these goose eggs in because we're just getting loaded with em. Whenever you have space for some just give me a hollar and I can bring you some eggs. Not sure how long they'll last unwashed just sitting around on the counter though...

Trust me these are the days where I wish I had a cabinet incubator to throw these goose eggs in because we're just getting loaded with em. Whenever you have space for some just give me a hollar and I can bring you some eggs. Not sure how long they'll last unwashed just sitting around on the counter though...
I set goose eggs every Sat evening. Can you bring them this Saturday, maybe 6 to 10 of the freshest ones. Once I check on fertility, we can decide how many to set and hatch.

I set goose eggs every Sat evening. Can you bring them this Saturday, maybe 6 to 10 of the freshest ones. Once I check on fertility, we can decide how many to set and hatch.
Yeah, I can certainly do that! I might be going and getting a curio cabinet down in Broomall this Saturday so as soon as I know when that all is happening I can plan around that and stop by your place.

Also, I'd love to look at that John Suscovich book for the chicken tractor plans. It turns out my neighbors aren't able to go in on the meat birds with us this year and I'm trying to figure out if we can swing doing it ourselves. (There are a loooot of moving pieces that I'm not too fond of atm, but what else is new).

Both two healthy black and lavender ameraucana pullets, Pepsi and Kitkat, are laying now. :love They lay identical turquoise color eggs that I cannot tell apart. Their eggs are the only ones that I have trouble to tell. My old legbar and blue ameraucana laid the same blue color eggs but different size and shape, so I always knew who laid what. I never had turquoise color eggs before, and they are very pretty. I just wish they could be slightly different color or shape.

Back
Top Bottom