Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hi from Luzerne County!

Usually when I find an interesting forum post, I love going back to the very beginning and reading ALL the posts. Its a great way to learn new things!

But...uhh....I dont think I can handle a slog of 8000+ pages!! Anyone got a highlights reel!! :D

Lol, welcome from Cambria County! No real highlights reel but @dheltzel is the main Pennsylvania poultry supplier and there's a livestock swap at Tyrone Milling the first Saturday of each month.

Anyone want a 14 wo Easter Egger roo? Central PA here 😭

Are you anywhere near Tyrone, PA? There's a livestock swap at Tyrone Milling this Saturday from 9- noon. You could bring him along and offer him up for free.

Speaking of the swap, last month, we had over 30 vendors. It was awesome! I don't have much left to sell off but I'm looking forward to this weekend to see how busy we get again

Lol, welcome from Cambria County! No real highlights reel but @dheltzel is the main Pennsylvania poultry supplier and there's a livestock swap at Tyrone Milling the first Saturday of each month.

Are you anywhere near Tyrone, PA? There's a livestock swap at Tyrone Milling this Saturday from 9- noon. You could bring him along and offer him up for free.

Speaking of the swap, last month, we had over 30 vendors. It was awesome! I don't have much left to sell off but I'm looking forward to this weekend to see how busy we get again
I’m closer to Philipsburg-Clearfield, but thanks! I’ll look into it!

Hi from Luzerne County!

Usually when I find an interesting forum post, I love going back to the very beginning and reading ALL the posts. Its a great way to learn new things!

But...uhh....I dont think I can handle a slog of 8000+ pages!! Anyone got a highlights reel!! :D
Nope..you have to read them ALL!!!! MAAWWWHAhaHAHAHAhahahaa :th :caf

Okay..I have a photo dump!!:oops:
The kids have gotten alot bigger!!!
enjoy..:pop.

We have gone wayy out of our comfort box with this last group of kids. We have only had Wyandottes for so long. never thought we would care for really feather legged birds, but here we are loving them!

This is Robbie Z.(zombie), cause it is taking him FOREVER to get his oven-ready body covered in feathers!! He is an awesome boy, was supposed to be coco the "girl", but we are still happy. He is a Cochin.
105_3713.JPG

The three Lavendar Orps are Carti B, Lizzo, & Reanna(reeree)..they were named by the granddaughter of course;).
The Lavendar Cochin with her fluff-butt in the air is Princess.
The Buff Brahma is Honey.
105_3691.JPG

Princess..she still makes peep noises, big baby. She is a real gentle girl though.
She would look so cute with one of those chicken Tutus!!!:lau
105_3697.JPG

Buff Orp. is Thirteen. She is great ,sounds like a goose.:confused:..
105_3696.JPG

This is "Little One", she is the smaller and more personable of the sliver Wyandottes, her sister is fuller. She is sitting behind her and didnt want to cooperate with me at all.
Her name is"BS"...yeah, (Big-Silver).hahaha, I know, sure..hahaha
105_3687.JPG

105_3710.JPG

Oreo, the Marans is in the back..she is a very nice Maran. True to the nuttiness of the breed, hahaha I love them, very vocal.
105_3703.JPG

They are all so very affectionate and wanting for attention.
This group as a whole is different entirely.
Our Older girls are nice, but not like these kids are, this is another level of "all over you" chicckens!! hahaha, which is great!
They sure do love their hands on time and they let you know, sometimes NOT so gently that you missed giving them some!:duc
Oh, the Pencil Brahma girl there with the surly look is Penny.
She lets me know with that lovely beak of hers if I miss giving her pettings.
And I let her know that THAT is not acceptable:old
I have some pics of the other boys, they didnt want to cooperate this time around.
Will get those posted at another time.
Took me forever to get this done! hahaha
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!
Play safe kids!
Danielle

105_3711.JPG
105_3712.JPG

SOrry, another post..haha..
With all those kids forgot to add that of course something had to be done with the interior of the coop!!
More space was needed for roosting, although some are still sleeping on the floor, they are slowly moving to the roosting bars.
The old roosting bars were set outside for them to use as exercise and to get better views and they really use and enjoy them!
A "chicken jungle gym" if you will.
We have swings planned for later, its been a busy year!:th:frow

I understand. I have a dog kennel type run for just my ducks that I built this Spring (plus the duck house). My chickens are inside an electric fence in a chicken tractor, but I will need to divide up the duck run come fall (tight squeeze) or whip up another run for my chickens AND reassemble their coop from the old house, View attachment 3552946View attachment 3552947which I dread...it’s so much work! Right now, the chickens have no netting over the electric fence since it’s so cumbersome to walk under it and the hawks seem to have disappeared for the Spring and Summer and been replaced with vultures and crows. But I know from experience that come Fall, the hawks will return. They stress me out so much!

The reason I want a drake is to breed my ducks to sell hatching eggs and possibly ducklings, plus they’re so endearing, handsome and funny. The girls are the assertive ones and the boys are kinda shy. They’re all super messy but so adorable and easier to keep contained than chickens. My boys all hang out with each other and are best buddies.
My boys have been adopted. Yay!

Back
Top Bottom