Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

yes she is
smack.gif
smack me now

awwww  that one that started moving rocking and pipping that was dead was also huge!!

I am currently dealing with a black maran chick dying.... DH said it will be gone in an hour its just laying there breathing hard at this point....  he wont put it out of misery and after I had to cull that nasty deformed chick the other day, I just dont want to do it again.... that chick seriously freaked me out, I cant believe it was alive for Gods sakes it was bad and NO WAY could it have lived. I still cant believe I did it and so spontanelously too.... 
P.S. I'm STILL waiting for photos....(insert smily here since I'm on my phone)...

Thanks for the heart attack, Penta....I'm sitting here in NJ and read about all the wind and how your power is out....so I look over at Fiancee and go "oh crap!" He just called his daughter, and she says it's ok.
Off to visit my aunt before family dinner/presents....which is funny...we're not exchanging presents....but we're at least spending time as a family.
LOL! Sorry! I'm in Lehigh Valley, so I know it was different. My neighbors also lost power as well.

I'm telling you all- having a heck of a time with keeping the gator temp regulated. Once I open up the second vent for lockdown it gets all crazy. My dear husband (you know, the one AGAINST the chickens in the beginning) has texted me the whole time I was out (2 hours or a bit more). He was so cute, telling me that the biggest chicks somehow got in the baby pen and he had to put them back every 5 minutes (Jennise and Cabella were not harmed) then he kept checking the Bator and watching the temps for me. LOL! He even added netting to stop the biggins from flying into the baby section. Wahoo!

So when I get home, he said he had the temp regulated but to just go check. So we went down stairs and he looked at the thermostat and said "LIFT THE LID IT'S TOO HOT!!" (LOL-mind you all-I'm looking at him like he has 9 heads) then I looked and it was a little above 40 Celsius. :-/ this was the SAME problem I had last time. (Insert banging head on wall smily here...I'm on my phone) so now I candled the eggs and all seem well and moving...so now, here I sit babysitting the **** incubator watching the filthiest egg rocking like crazy.

On a different note-the eldest babies seem to be wanting to dust bathe in the hay with not much success...what should I do?!
. Here is some of the text from the Mr.

Back
Top Bottom