Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

RIP Number 2. :'(
Lost my first girl to egg yolk peritonitis today.
So sorry to hear you lost her.
hugs.gif
Pretty coloring! Love the reasoning behind the name!

My windows are about 5 feet off the ground. Should they be covered with hardware cloth? My carpenters think I'm nuts, but we do have bear around here. And in the summer, I might be gone for a weekend and the windows would be open. What do you think?
Yes, it's nice to be able to open the windows and get some ventilation in there...without worrying about small creatures that don't belong!
I am looking for gardeningmama. I am new here to BYC and PA unite and she is supposed to be my guide to all things chicken.
Welcome aboard!
Thanks! I live in southeastern PA on the PA MD line. The mason Dixon line literally runs through our property. We are raising 14 chicks this year. I had chicks last year but a very good friend did all the chick raising. So I'm a chick newbie, and I love them even if I am in over my head!
Awesome, get me your zip and I'll add you to the map.
Oooooooooooh Why do you have curtains? So the rest of the world doesn't see what goes on behind them LOL I'll take one! Butter and sour cream please Well those things come first than its the curtains and pictures for the wall. I hear that all the time. Now I've made exhibitionists out of all of them! Welcome !!! Okay there goes the neighborhood lol Just kidding...when she gets on she will holler at me. Hi! I'm Chad I may not be an expert but, I'm gonna go with chickens...than again they may be something else...ring-tailed lemurs? May have your connection. I think I love it! Where the heck is she recruiting you guys from? Hi! lol Yep! Granted we may have a lil fun along the way. Some people play pretty hard in the sarcasm pool around here.
Some people, huh??
RIP Number 2. :'( Lost my first girl to egg yolk peritonitis today.
Sorry for your loss!
....I'd better explain her name, now that I see it in print... Since her coloring is called penciled, my neice started to call her "Number 2" and it stuck. It has nothing to do with the other "number 2" reference!!
I actually thought you'd gone to the numbering system...some days I think that would be easier, but they won't stand still to get their numbers.
[COLOR=FF0000]Hey Girl!!! You made it! All Aboard....[/COLOR]:celebrate [COLOR=FF0000]Hope Loverman's still gonna let you bring home my chicks! 3 days and counting!!![/COLOR]!:jumpy :bun [COLOR=FF0000]Love,Love This!:D Peeps are my favorite![/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]I love this too! It looks soo.. roomy. When can I move in???[/COLOR] :smack [COLOR=FF0000]FOUND HER!![/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]This gal is one of my BFF's all! Also, one of the people that called me The Crazy Chicken Lady the most!! Who can't stay out of The Mill now? Who has 14 chicks now, huh?? Oh, must be another Crazy Chicken Lady (I've been waiting for so long to say that).[/COLOR]:plbb [COLOR=FF0000]Hmmm..What a nice friend. Wonder who that could've been???[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Nope, you're right. There goes the neighborhood![/COLOR]:gig [COLOR=FF0000]Chad, I have to recruit because you all refuse to move closer to me![/COLOR]:p
I am kinda close to you....kinda...

Quote: I have to wonder if this is not the same condition hubby has....he is legally blind in one eye, only see's shadow...and even after 25 years he still turns that side to me and then hollers when he can't see the smack coming...
OK, i have a question. what is the purpose of nest box curtains? More privacy for the hens?
because sally, is a little squeemish and does not want to see where her eggs come from.

My windows are about 5 feet off the ground. Should they be covered with hardware cloth? My carpenters think I'm nuts, but we do have bear around here. And in the summer, I might be gone for a weekend and the windows would be open. What do you think?
what you renting that for, will share with chickens and even feed and water them.
I am looking for gardeningmama. I am new here to BYC and PA unite and she is supposed to be my guide to all things chicken.
nice enabl...ummm guide you got there.
RIP Number 2. :'(
Lost my first girl to egg yolk peritonitis today.
hugs.gif

Actually what I am planning to put over our windows is "diamond mesh" expanded metal (the stuff that they use to make the floors and tailgates for small utility trailers out of). MUCH heavier duty that hardware cloth, installed with 1/4" lag bolts...should be raccoon proof and bear resistant.
You can get it at Lowe's in the hardware section or at any steel/welding supplier.
It comes in just about any length and width you need.

Here is the link to Lowe's website:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_168753-3767...pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=expanded+metal&facetInfo=

Back
Top Bottom