Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: My girls never did squat or sing until they were actually laying. I knew because they get redder combs and you might be able to tell that they are red in the face.
I never had a problem with feed getting stuck until recently when I mixed up some mash. I just don't shake it at all. That is what made it pack together, and get stuck. So far (a week) it hasn't happened again.

My girls never did squat or sing until they were actually laying. I knew because they get redder combs and you might be able to tell that they are red in the face.
I never had a problem with feed getting stuck until recently when I mixed up some mash. I just don't shake it at all. That is what made it pack together, and get stuck. So far (a week) it hasn't happened again.
I have one that's face and comb was starting to turn red. That is why I was so worried because that normally means rooster. LOL!!glad to hear in polish it's opposite.

Last edited:

Okay-so it's funny. This morning I told the boys that I had a dream last night that another chicken was going to lay a brown egg. (Pretty vivid dream) Look what I found JUST NOW in the nesting box furthest from Sandy's!! A new egg!!

Aargh! Another broody! So I slip three eggs under her and take away her precious golf balls. (I knew there had to be a use for those things besides ruining a nice walk in a field)

Send her to me...none of mine want to go broody...and well...after my last disaster with an incubator...I don't see Fiancee saying yes to buying one!

Back
Top Bottom