Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Woohoo, all but 2 of the birds are out of the house into the coop! Stage 2 of framing of the run is done. Now I have to build the framing for the 2nd part of the run and get the roof in place for the covered run, then finish the rock and regular landscaping. Here is a current photo:

Since I have your attention, do you think this chick could be a brahma?

Woohoo, all but 2 of the birds are out of the house into the coop! Stage 2 of framing of the run is done. Now I have to build the framing for the 2nd part of the run and get the roof in place for the covered run, then finish the rock and regular landscaping. Here is a current photo: Since I have your attention, do you think this chick could be a brahma?
Looks good!

Woohoo, all but 2 of the birds are out of the house into the coop! Stage 2 of framing of the run is done. Now I have to build the framing for the 2nd part of the run and get the roof in place for the covered run, then finish the rock and regular landscaping. Here is a current photo:

Brahmas have heavily feathered legs. I see no feathers.

how do you decide which actvity to add,,,,I surely consider cleaning coops a workout, or even my job some  nights,,,hectic and sweaty..or maybe just let them slide, kind of like the bag of chips that I did not add.

also in my house paying bills could be considered cardio, certainly gets my heart rate up...

I think a good rule of thumb is to UNDERestimate your exercise and OVERestimate your food portions. It's worked for me pretty well. I keep in mind too that I shouldn't worry too much if I have a bad day...everything restarts! Same goes for good days!!!! Haha

Very nice set-up!! Like how your making the run "walk-in" height...
thumbsup.gif
. Sorry, don't know much about brahmas, (do they have leg-feathers?)...they really look good anyway..
big_smile.png

sssshhhhhhhh.....say that quietly,,,around my place all you gotta do is mention the word broody, and they go off the deep end,,,,,last count was 6 and i refuse to let them keep any eggs.........
We had so much fun with Gracie... and loved watching her and the babies. We don't have an incubator, so this is our 'hatching' fun!

Going to TSC today...***hey Wing- the one in MountJoy!!!****, yeah, going to see how much trouble I can get myself into...haha, picking up the chickens on friday, sooooo, have to get a FEW things..
hide.gif
... Happy Birthday to all the April-babies ( Mine was on Saturday...40th...
th.gif
). Where does the time go??!! Oh well, having fun most of the time..
old.gif
...GOOD MORNING ALL!!
Happy (Belated) Birthday !!!!!
woot.gif

TSC in mount joy does not have anymore chicks, they are done for the year,,,,,thankfully.....now I can go back to tsc alone,,,,no chaperone..
lau.gif
But they still have planters!!!
bun.gif

OK, i thought i would take some initiative to start a thread for the meet up. here is the link.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/771494/pennsylvania-unite-meet-up-chat-planning-thread
Let's use this to plan our meet up at Galgo's on June 22nd ( I believe??)
Can't wait to see everyone! :)
Thanks! Will be over shortly... unless I get a call... since I am at work today.
that would explain why i have 6 of them,,,,maybe i should build a broody house...
Sounds like a good hubby project!! You can get extra supplies at TSC since you won't be buying chicks!
tongue2.gif

It is probably a very good thing there won't be any chicks...actually, I know it's a good thing!!
droolin.gif
I am really going to pick up some things I need to get started: waterer, feeder..and whatever else I deem necessary...hahaha I will be working on more permanent feeders and such later. If anyone can think of needed starter items, please let me know. I know I'll forget something. it's inevitable. I'm in town visiting family, and the closest TSC to our house is in williamsport. So I figured this is as good of an excuse as any to peruse the store. DH is coming along, so I don't have to "worry" about getting too "distracted"?..
wee.gif
can't find the right word for the situation.... anyway, going to have fun no-doubt!!
Don't forget items for cleaning out the coops (rakes/shovel/pitch fork) depending on the bedding you are using.
and I would suggest a mask to wear for when you are doing the cleaning also... we use dust masks or surgical masks, really helps cut down on the coughing and hacking for the next day or so.
Dimataceous Earth to sprinkle around the coop and in their dusting box (if they need one) to help prevent skin problems
Blue kote or some other antiseptic spray... we have both Poutry Aid and BluKote (both from TSC) and they are great for minor skin injuries and to prevent further bothering by other chickens (the BluKote is for that, the Poultry Aid doesn't color the site)

Beautiful coop and area!
Can't help on the bird ID... not too good at that yet.

Thanks to everyone who said happy B-day!!! My actual birthday is on Thursday, but I needed to plan the party the weekend BEFORE because I have Poultry 101 at Penn state on the 27th!!! And hopefully having a fun day out Sunday if everything goes according to the plan
smile.png
I know I really need to do updates on the biddies, everyone is growing like weeds! The buckeyes are almost completely feathered out by now! (Meaties getting....err...."done" friday. They're getting massive)

Back
Top Bottom