Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Been absent lately. But I just read 180812813980980 posts and am all caught up!

Funny thing yesterday. I hatched 11 chicks out of 20 eggs in early March and so far I have 6 roosters, perhaps as many as 8. If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck. Well I have been meaning to get rid of these 2 roosters but they are so darn nice. Yesterday a certain governmental employee was inspecting my property with a collegue or bodyguard or something. I have jokingly said "well you can have those 2 roosters if you want them" and he took them.

Now if I can find some one who is really knowledgeable about Ameracauna's, I can figure out whether my last hatchlings who are now 10 weeks old are male or female! Then I can go back to hoping and praying that my neighbors aren't complaining to the township, grrrr.
LOL

Carbon county- new to chicken raising. Love it though!! We have 5 buff orps but are trying to trade because 3 are rosters. : (

Last edited:
Hello! I live about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. I have 3 Silkies, 3 Leghorns and 10 baby White Rock chicks. I'm going to incubate my first batch of mail ordered eggs this week. Its been one year since I got my first chicks from my teacher friend who hatched them for her class and now I'm a total chicken addict! My husband has to build a bigger coop ASAP! Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Hello! I live about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. I have 3 Silkies, 3 Leghorns and 10 baby White Rock chicks. I'm going to incubate my first batch of mail ordered eggs this week. Its been one year since I got my first chicks from my teacher friend who hatched them for her class and now I'm a total chicken addict! My husband has to build a bigger coop ASAP! Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Welcome, you'll fit in perfectly around here!

Quote: He's been great
celebrate.gif
He has really favored the EEs and other smaller chicks, and has been kinda sticking with them. Stitch on the other hand has been trying to put EVERYONE in their place including the cornish x roo (that is probably 4 or 5X his size) and he usually succeeds. Except with the ducklings, they just stare at him as much to say "I'll sit on you"
lau.gif
. It's so funny, and he's been great with Gavin, and has been fairly tolerant of handling/cuddling.
I think I'll be making a separate run and building a smallish coop, something big enough for them and the cornish, then the the ducklings will get moved in to it once everyone's processed.

Back
Top Bottom