Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My wife and I will have this dog in about 2 weeks to adopt out to a loving family. Please let me know if you are interested! We saved one from this kill shelter in GA, a good guy from here saved one from the same place, and looking to place this sweety to his perfect match :) I know all u animal lovers here would know someone!

Being "some guy", I will vouch for how wonderful the dog I got is! Someone help this dog! These dogs are from a kill shelter and very near euthanasia. They ate way too nice for that.

Last edited:
LMP:

I have a pair of Elberta from HD...and they are very productive.....If you are into the orchard thing check out BHG.com a great site.....
I have them on my "favorites"...will look into things there,(didn't even give them a thought)- Thank you
big_smile.png
...We have a nice sized yard and are seriously looking into some fruit trees, but we only want the dwarf types..we can't be on ladders & don't want large trees around the house...I had a chance to get a dwarf peach earlier at the Lowes up here, but "some-one" said let's wait and see what other places have, Yeah, well..we went back and they where gone
sad.png
...They were really nice too..would only get 6-8 ft tall..perfect

Being "some guy", I will vouch for how wonderful the dog I got is! Someone help this dog! These dogs are from a kill shelter and very near euthanasia. They ate way too nice for that.

After my pup in my avatar went down, I associated myself with Thunders Angels rescue. I have rescued nine and adopted one....The situation is awful in GA and WV....but there are many pups local to PA that get over looked...also there are breeders who claim to be rescues to sell there bred out males and females...sad but true....Rescue pups are great, they have a lot to learn if you have the patience and are eager to please...feel free to ping me if you want to know what to expect when adopting.

After my pup in my avatar went down, I associated myself with Thunders Angels rescue. I have rescued nine and adopted one....The situation is awful in GA and WV....but there are many pups local to PA that get over looked...also there are breeders who claim to be rescues to sell there bred out males and females...sad but true....Rescue pups are great, they have a lot to learn if you have the patience and are eager to please...feel free to ping me if you want to know what to expect when adopting.

Yes, it is sad how many dogs are left behind and abandoned in GA. I had lived in GA and fostered for the Chow rescue of GA. I ended up adopting my last foster while I was in GA and my other dog I have, I had found along the highway. I had come to find out his owner moved and left him behind. Both are the greatest dogs I have ever had!

Does anyone else have an insane chicken? I am serious...ginger, was bawk , bawking sooo loud today before she laid her egg...in & out of the coop area. Finally she laid it, she starts "screaming" again, I go out, get the egg out of the coop, I tell she is a "good girl", throw her & Babs some scratch & she shuts -up...???
hu.gif
Is she just nuts or what? She has always acted a little stir crazy before she would lay, but this, this was NUTS!!!& LOUD!!!
D.gif
Ohhhh! So you are rewarding her for being insane! Sounds like she has learned that being loud gets her treats!
Quote: I don't think anyone wants that egg!
sickbyc.gif

So I did something stupid (shocker, huh?). When I had the chance to remove extra eggs from a broody, I left them there.
Not only does that not help my chicken math or my finances (fewer eggs to sell), but that hen has been sitting for about 4 or 5 days. All those extras are obviously not going to hatch before she gets up with her chicks.
So, do I; take them tomorrow, and toss them?
Take them and eat them. One day is something, but I won't notice a difference?
Let them be, and when the others are hatched, shove them in the incubator for the final day or three?
Yes, I know I need to separate her, or be sure to remove extras daily. The nest was only empty for a minute between the EE leaving, and the momma returning to cover her eggs. I hate disturbing my girls.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom