Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Went to the ER got seen right away even though there was a room full of people, the nurse snuck us out the back way so no one got annoyed (most people there looked hungover anyways), got an xray done - he has a hairline fracture of his collar bone.  Even the dr said he was a tough lil guy & not to beat myself up over it - he is outside playing now with me yelling across the yard what seems like every 2 seconds to keep his arm in his sling .... it is going to be a longgggggggggg day!!! :barnie

Poor little guy :( Hope he feels better soon!

I'm not breeding barred rocks, but if you don't mind me asking.  I got silver laced wyandottes as well as barred rocks to try them out this year as all I've had before are some production layers.  They're only a few weeks old so I haven't had time to evaluate them yet. Is there any particular reason based on the breed or personality of chickens or just personal preference making you want to make this change?

I'm asking because I'm looking for a breed that I will eventually keep (getting something other than hatchery birds) that is dual purpose and that is going to be something that my small nephew would love being around. 

Thanks.

I want the Barred Rocks because they are supposed to be friendly and good layers of brown eggs. I want from a breeder because my Silver laced wyandottes (believe they are hatchery stock) are mean and after seeing them killy my only speckled sussex that was broody was heart breaking. I don't want hatchery birds any time soon. I want chickens that will be good egg producers and are friendly. :)

Have you ever been so intoxicated, that you walked into the coop with a flashlight yelling at yourself, "What does an egg look like? Darn it! What does an egg look like? It's brown! Yes! Oh... Maybe blue. Crap! Is that an egg?!"
American Legions are bad for your health.
big_smile.png

Poor little guy
sad.png
Hope he feels better soon!

Thanks he is fine, just hurts when he goes to lift his arm up. He is an unstoppable force of nature, little bugger was determined to vacuum his room today much to my protests, he did it anyway.
barnie.gif

You honestly would think there was nothing wrong with him if it weren't for the xray to prove the fracture!

Men are like kids, If it is quiet for to long you need to go see what they are up to........ he is suppose to be working in the garden and this is what I find when I go around the corner..

You should frame this picture. I love it!!
Quote:
I won't deny that breeder stock is desirable, but my Meyer Hatchery BR are my sweetest, and the BR was the first to go broody (she is 10 mos!). Shocked me.
I was thinking the same thing. Breeder quality is definitely better, but my favorite flock is the one I started with that all came from a hatchery. I spent more one on one time with those chicks, and I think that's mostly what matters, as far as temperament goes. Right now I have BLRW's that are from a breeder and I hate them. Nasty, Nasty! I also don't spend time with them, but I'm not mean to them either.

Did you get the wheaten shipment already?

I helped my first gosling out today! I have another one shrink wrapped but it hasn't absorbed all the blood vessels yet. This first one I'm mauling so it imprints on me.

I lost 2 of my poults and 2 chicks since yesterday morning. They don't have that illness, I just think it was to cold for them the last couple of nights and everyone squished them. I lost a duckling too, but that one seemed like it couldn't open it's mouth. I made sure all of the membrane was off it's dace and mouth when I helped it out of it's shrink wrapped mess and I could open it's mouth, but it never peeped or made a single noise. I showed it the water and food several times and I never saw it eat or drink. No clue what it's problem was. The other one I helped with it has a lazy tail, so I guess that one will stay.

Nope, they will all be here on the same day. I am so excited!!!!!!!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom