Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

OK looks like we can have chickens according to what I read in our township rules
wee.gif
. So here is what I am looking for as for breeds
droolin.gif
, prefable all heritage/breeder stock please and the central part of PA say an hour or two from Lebanon. I am thinking road trip to collect them all at one shot and place them in an incubator when I get home. I think 6 eggs of each would be plenty to get a few hens from. I am going for the colorful egg basket and interesting looking birds.

1. Auracana (blue Layer)
2. Marans (Dark Brown layer, which I have found some French Black Copper in Hershey area)
3. Welsumer (dark Brown Layer)
4. Cream Leg Bars (Blue Layer)
5. English Orpington (
6. Cochin, Prefable Partridge (for brooders)
7. White Rocks
8. White Faced black Spanish
9. Rhode Island Reds

I think between the blue egg layers and the Dark Brown egg layers I could breed my own Olive Eggers if I can have roosters
hide.gif
.... That may be an issue with neighbors and the sound ordinance.

I might have something you are looking for I have Ameraucana which also lay blue eggs (hatching eggs). I also have a bunch in the brooder that you have mentioned. I have Ameraucana, I have one blue cooper marans pullet. I have b/b/s english orps. I have some Cochins, just not that color they are also b/b/s. My contact is on my page if you are interested! Have fun shopping :)

I sure did!!! The only one I still "need" is barnvelders. But I got Isbar, cream legbars, crele laced polish, and a crele pendesenca egg. She threw that in since the barnvelders were not laying. :) I am so excited!! So far temps have been nice and stable and humidity is at 52%. I am hand turning them though, so I hope I don't screw that up. Lol

I have a few extras and am trying to find new homes for them.
I have 10 week old Breda Fowl (blue, black, splash).
I have 10 week old silver and black Appenzeller Spitzhauben.
I should have Redcap, Dominique and Ameraucana chicks soon.

I prefer pick up... it's getting too hot to ship IMO.

edited to add: I am in North Central PA, not far from State College, Williamsport, Lewisburg.

Last edited:
I have a few extras and am trying to find new homes for them.
  I have 10 week old Breda Fowl (blue, black, splash).
  I have 10 week old silver and black Appenzeller Spitzhauben.
  I should have Redcap, Dominique  and Ameraucana chicks soon.

I prefer pick up... it's getting too hot to ship IMO.

edited to add: I am in North Central PA, not far from State College, Williamsport, Lewisburg.
are they pullets?

Uggh, Why do I do this to myself? DH and I are going to the Sharpsburg Swap as customers only. 8 yo grandson has been bugging us as to when he gets to sleepover...so I finally said he could go with us, and we'd camp out Friday night. DH tells his daughter our plans, and suddenly she says "ooh, that's something I could take the kids to....so now we've invited all of them to come along.

Good news...I got to set up our spare tent and make sure we had all the parts, which we do. So now we'll be taking our 10x9 Instaup, and the 12x7 dome tent...and they have their dome tent (unsure of size).
Oh we will be there as well!! Super excited :)

I picked up some chicks this weekend. I just wanted a couple new chicks and hubby bought 11! We came home with 2 lavender araucana, 3 black araucana, 6 barred rocks or cuckoo marans or a cross of them both (the guy wasn't sure). We hatched out 1 chick as well,, think it is a silver laced wyandotte red sex link cross. Love new babies! Chicken math stikes again!

When will be able to tell the difference between barred rocks and cuckoo marans? The guy said the barred rocks will have yellow legs and cuckoo marans wil have a pink leg color. Think they are a week old right now. It would be cool if they were marans and lay dark brown eggs. Love the different color eggs!

Back
Top Bottom