Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I got my 1st green EGG!!!!!
wee.gif
Now I have 7 girls a laying!! 13 more to go, and should have a blue egg soon as well!! wooohooo!!!! Followed by chocolate!! OMG
droolin.gif
Wooohoo!! Yay!!!

It looks a lot higher than it is. That face is about 120 feet. But all the talk about PFDs had me wagging my finger at myself. NO Helmets! What in the world! 120 is high with no brain bucket. Tisk Tisk on me. LOL I probably had one of them on my head while I took the picture from the ground.
th.gif

For anyone wondering about PFDs (life vests), this is from the PA Fish and boat site.

http://fishandboat.com/boatcrs/pfd/brochure.pdf
WHO MUST WEAR A LIFE JACKET?
● All children 12 years of age and younger on all Commonwealth waters must wear a life jacket while underway on any boat 20 feet in length or less and on all canoes and kayaks. Underway” includes drifting boats.
● Anyone towed behind a boat, no matter what the activity and regardless of age, must wear a life jacket.
● All personal watercraft operators and passengers.
● All sailboarders (windsurfers).
● Everyone (regardless of age) boating on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Pittsburgh District lakes, in boats less than 16 feet in length and on all canoes and kayaks.

I always wear one whenever I'm in a boat, but I have one that allows for a lot of freedom of movement (I hope to get inflatable ones soon). My Dad ended up in the Susquehanna the first time he took his bass boat out a few years ago. Thankfully he was right by the shore and, other than finding out he had walking pneumonia, was fine. But it made me a little paranoid, Gavin isn't allowed near any moving/deep water, or on docks without one.
This is always good info to refresh on as the boating season starts... if you noticed in the pic of Dillon and Radioman in the front of the boat.... it's not just dogs who wear the LJs out on the water! On our boat the rule is LJs on when under power or if waves over 2 ft when out on the open lake (basically, if it's bumpy, we wear them). We have inflatables and they are comfortable for all day wear when needed. To us it is just a safety habit that is easy to keep and doesn't make any sense to ignore.

Awwwww! Is that your cute lil baby arm holding the Cheeto?

Motherhen, When the eggs are especially fresh, there is a thicker membrane next to the yolk, but I've not seen one that thick before.

NCC-21 Wow that rock climbing pic made me a lil dizzy!

Tweetr, congrats! Cute peeps!

Kiomey, yuckyyuckyuck? :lol:

Yes it is. I only had a diaper on so I didn't put me in there lol. I remember sitting in Shangy's water dish to cool off. :)

Oh please post a picture when your Marans lay! I almost ordered some this spring but opted for Arcona.
I def will!!! I am sure I will show the world! lol For now here are my current eggies!! I have some really pretty speckeled brown ones!

My pretty green egg!! Wing I think this is from the pullet my son picked out! I can't wait to show him!!!

These are my babies from the Lavender Orp Wing I got from wing, and my langshan roo, that I am kicking myself for not keeping a little longer. What do you guys thing? Pullets?

Behind him you can see Bahama Mama, our brahama and the other 2 Marans, 1 one is a Roo, his red just showed up and waddles!! DOH!!! But I think the other is a female going off tat development development, So maybe I will hatch some Maran babies!?!
hu.gif

Well we made out pretty good with the storms so far today. Had high winds, broke some branches off trees, had two small trees that are at our chicken run area get broken in half by the wind. But it looks like all of our birds made out good. Got the run cleaned up, branches out, Fed and watered everyone. Now to see what this evening brings.... not looking forward to more..

On a lighter note, today is our 15th wedding anniversary. Hubby took me out to Red Lobster.... yummmmmmm sorry it was very good.. :)

Well we made out pretty good with the storms so far today. Had high winds, broke some branches off trees, had two small trees that are at our chicken run area get broken in half by the wind. But it looks like all of our birds made out good. Got the run cleaned up, branches out, Fed and watered everyone. Now to see what this evening brings.... not looking forward to more..

On a lighter note, today is our 15th wedding anniversary. Hubby took me out to Red Lobster.... yummmmmmm sorry it was very good..
smile.png

Glad your chickens were fine and

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom