Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I thought this was funny, my buff orpington was completely chill with one of my speckled sussex sleeping on top of her. I did move the speckled sussex though

Quote: Clipping just 1 side is what throws them off balance enough to keep them from flying. When you clip both sides it puts them back in balance & lets them fly again, not as well as with full wings, but still better than if they are completely unbalanced.

I thought this was funny, my buff orpington was completely chill with one of my speckled sussex sleeping on top of her. I did move the speckled sussex though

gig.gif

had a surprise,,,,,,remember the meat bird project I have been messing with...5 of those eggs hatched sometime last night,,,had to quickly find a spot to move 5 chicks and 2 broodies......

weird combination was the Delaware/freedom ranger rooster who I put in with a barred rock....2 chicks turned out black and 3 solid yellow...now I am wondering if the 2 black will follow the sexing pattern of barred rock, 1 is solid black and the other has a white spot on it's head..

Any one near the Bloomsburg or Williamsport area have hatching eggs? I would prefer to pick up eggs rather than ship especially since this will be my first hatch on the incubator. Barnyard mix is fine, don't need purebred anything fancy. Thanks!!! I'm super excited!

I could have some crosses ready for you if you want. They'd be BCM over leghorn or RSL, or EE over the same. Those are the only boys I've seen mate, but the ameraucana, NH or BLRW might have been with the ladies too. I don't have any breeding pens set up yet, as I was waiting until all the girls were laying to do that. PM me if that'll work for ya, of the eggs I've checked there's been about 95% fertility.

I could have some crosses ready for you if you want. They'd be BCM over leghorn or RSL, or EE over the same. Those are the only boys I've seen mate, but the ameraucana, NH or BLRW might have been with the ladies too. I don't have any breeding pens set up yet, as I was waiting until all the girls were laying to do that. PM me if that'll work for ya, of the eggs I've checked there's been about 95% fertility.

BG:

How do you check fertility?

BG:

How do you check fertility?
I only look for the bullseye when I cook the eggs. Since we eat eggs fairly often, and Gavin prefers scrambled, I usually strain them using my hand (like if you need to separate the yolks and whites for baking) and check the yolk. That's why I say "of the eggs I've checked." Are there other ways to check without allowing incubation to begin?

Back
Top Bottom