Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Could you please inbox me some of your cleaning "recipes," I'm trying to cut where we can without losing effectiveness.

Ditto!

Great Pics! I love that you brought a chicken in.

Barbie best of luck to you and your son, I hope this doc straightens things out for you.

We went on a hay ride at the Bates Motel last night, SCARY!!! Let's just say, it's a good thing they put hay down and next year....Depends are in order.

Rofl!

Another small tip to save money. I bought a bottle of Dawn Direct Foam dish washing liquid. After it was gone, I just fill it up about one-sixth regular liquid dishwashing soap and the rest water. You get dishwashing soap in a nifty foam, and it lasts a long time. You could also use the foaming hand soap containers as well.

I also have been doing most of my clothing shopping at the Salvation Army lately too. At most stores, Wednesday is family day, and most of the clothes and shoes are 50% off. Last week I found Gap jeans (pretty sure they were brand new) for $3.50 after the discount, and a lovely designer blouse that retails for $70 for $2.00 after the discount. Happy shopping! :lol:

Last edited:

Hi Everyone!! This is Roxy she is our little foster girl for the time being. We have only had her for about 3 days now. She is almost 2 years old purebreed Boxer. She is very sweet and loving little girl. Loves to cuddle and play. She gets along great with our two girls and doesnt even care that there is a cat in the house. She hasnt even bothered my chickens either since we have had her. Her owner has lost his job and house so he was homeless and had to give her up so he could get help to try and get back on his feet. She is a private foster not through any shelter. She needs to TLC for now and we are trying to get some meat on her bones since she was skinny when we got her. She is up to date on all her shots but, she needs to be fix and have some teeth pulled since they are broken. She was suppose to be fixed on Monday but the vet saw her teeth and wanted to wait to do everything all at once.

If anyone is looking for a new family memeber or knows someone who is let me know I will pass the info along to the lady who is taking care of everything for her! This sweet girl deserves a loving home!

I do a major trip once a month, and pick up milk and fresh fruits and veg about every two weeks. I prefer to go very late at night/early in the morning since I hate crowds and can take my time looking over prices/quantity without feeling rushed. Since it's just Gavin and I, I can usually get away with only spending about $300 a month, but I pretty much only buy stuff that is on sale or I have coupons for. I use the electronic coupons, I click on the ones I want and they get automatically "attached" to my store card, since I always forget the paper ones. I also use Savingstar, which works the same way as far as being "attached" to my store cards, but it gives you cash back instead of taking it off at the register. You build up to a minimum amount then you can have it sent to paypal, your bank, or some gift cards.  As far as making sure we don't run out, I try to make sure nearly everything either has a decent shelf life or can be frozen and if it's a good enough price I buy extra, and I have freeze dried foods and water for real emergencies. Paper products and soaps/laundry/etc are either Walmart or Dollar Tree. I try to have one extra on hand, ie one extra pack of TP and once opened I pick up another, same with soaps, laundry stuff, etc. 
I agree. I have two fridges with freezers, and plan to bring over the extra chest freezer from my parent's. The only thing I have a problem with is remembering to move the older food to the freezer in the kitchen and only putting the new food into the back freezer.

How do you do the electronic coupons? Is that something that only your store does or is there something online for it? I havent ever seen this or heard of it? Can you please share some more info on this please!?!

X2

Weis has it on their website, here's the link: https://www.weismarkets.com/about-weis/myweis-account/login-messaging/. You create an account and then click on e-coupons and pick the ones you want. Sometimes they double them at the register
Here's the one for Savingstar: https://savingstar.com/ Again create an account, then you enter your shopping card number (they pick stores via the zip you enter), then pick the coupons you want. I only have Weis and Giant on mine, but there are other grocers on the site. Savingstar recently added a cash back online mall and online coupon codes. Same principle, you get cash back when you enter the codes or shop through the site.
Something that is nice, but feels a bit like double dipping, is the coupons from Weis come off at the register AND I get the cash back from Savingstar. I know some other stores have begun doing the online coupons for loyalty cards, but I only really shop at Weis and Walmart. Since Walmart doesn't have a loyalty card that leaves me with Weis for the most part, I only go to Giant if they have something on sale for a much better price than Weis. I prefer Weis as it's only $50 spent to get 10¢ off per gallon for Gas points, were as Giant is $100.
I would go to your normal grocery store's website and see if they offer it. Like I said I know more are, but I only have Weis and Giant near me.
ETA: I nearly forgot, Weis has begun online shopping at select stores, namely near York and Allentown, you place your order online and just swing by the store to pick it up. I'm not sure when you pay, since it's not offered by me I haven't gone any further than checking the store locations.

Last edited:
Hey folk: My baby chooks are 11 days old, an one has already develop tail feathers...seems kinda boyish to me...
I love this picture Stake! So cute! Here is the update of the coop: finally moved it to its permanent location (thanks to my resourceful brother who slid our Little Tykes wagon underneath the coop, then just wheeled it into place!). Added a removable door, and added support 2x4's to brace the legs. Made a huge difference! Just need to attached the nest box and paint. Any ideas on how to attach it securely? Thanks! I will work on the roosts later, any tips for that would be appreciated as well.

Sharon:

So sorry to hear....I know you liked your milk cow....hope there's another in the near future...
thank you stake, yes i loved that stupid cow, but i can only have one cow, and since she hates our new bull and no vet around here will ai i had to make up my mind whether to try to keep her milking or sell her and keep her yearling heifer that loves the bull. so my husband went with the heifer (he kinda likes her) i will admit nosy is a really laid back heifer where betty was hight strung BUT he has to teach her to go into the stantion to be milked
lol.png

believe me, i made sure betty liked the place and the other dexters there or i would have loaded her back into the trailer and brought her back home. i think the man likes betty too.

Back
Top Bottom