Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have an old square one like that in my basement.....we have never used it,,,,,hubby is not allowed to mess with fire inside.....he set the roof on fire at the old house....

They can be dangerous... chimney is cleaned twice a year, and flu pipe also cleaned when chimney is done.  We have two more of them we don't use yet, one larger, one smaller... hope to have the right place to use them when we eventually move out of here and find property.

I have a perfect place for 2 of them. The new house has a chimney between the kitchen & garage & used to have 1 on each side. Everything is still there but the stove & connector pipes.

Dexter is gorgeous too!  I love old shtuff!!

I love that "Dexter" has a name! Looks like it keeps thing nice and toasty.

I am so behind on post I can't possibly go back and read them all! Hope everyone had a very safe and warm Holiday.

Okay, it's January, and I'm dreaming of baby chickies.... Is Febuary too early to start? That's my plan on when to get the little chirpers. Will anyone have any little peepers around that time? I am looking for day old chicks. As far as breed goes, I want them fat, fairly decent egg layers, and friendly. Not necessarily in that order of importance. :D. So excited! And so are my neighbors, my family, little children, my parrots (maybe). ;)

Stay warm everybody! :woot

I have something hatching every week!

Not sure which hen is laying the egg but it's a brown speckled one and inside it always has red hard spots. What is it? Safe to eat or not? I've been tossing them.
[/IMG] anything I can do to stop it from happening? Dietary changes, etc.

Not sure which hen is laying the egg but it's a brown speckled one and inside it always has red hard spots. What is it? Safe to eat or not? I've been tossing them.
[/URL] anything I can do to stop it from happening? Dietary changes, etc.
I get this in my eggs that come from the freedom ranger pen....I have always eaten them with no effect.

Quote: I am hatching now and will be throughout then. Research breeds and decide from there what you want and I am sure someone can accommodate you! I dont mind chicks in my house, it makes them friendly to have the kids get access to them for several months until its warmer out or even in the garage after a month.

I get this in my eggs that come from the freedom ranger pen....I have always eaten them with no effect.

Do you know what it is? I'm starting to get enough eggs that I can start selling a dozen here and there. I don't want to freak any customers out! lol.

Silkie, I haven't been on awhile. Where did you move to? Does the house need a lot of work?

My hubby keeps our house at 64. We have a wood burner in the living room that is our main source of heat. He also keeps the ac at 80!!! He said it takes the edge off. When he goes to work I lower it. Lucky for me we have a pool so we aren't in the house all that often when it's hot out. lol.

I'm getting anxious for chicks. I'm thinking of getting some hatching eggs next month or maybe March. I can't wait!!

Do you know what it is? I'm starting to get enough eggs that I can start selling a dozen here and there. I don't want to freak any customers out! lol.

Silkie, I haven't been on awhile. Where did you move to? Does the house need a lot of work?

My hubby keeps our house at 64. We have a wood burner in the living room that is our main source of heat. He also keeps the ac at 80!!! He said it takes the edge off. When he goes to work I lower it. Lucky for me we have a pool so we aren't in the house all that often when it's hot out. lol.

I'm getting anxious for chicks. I'm thinking of getting some hatching eggs next month or maybe March. I can't wait!!

Unfortunately I moved further into Ohio. I'll still hang out here with y'all though because I'm sure I'll still make it into PA at least occasionally. Plus I like y'all better than most of the people in OH...lmao

This house isn't in too bad of shape. Needs some patch & paint & some carpet. Biggest project is repairing the roof on the shed & converting it to a coop.

Back
Top Bottom