Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

6' x 12' grow-out pen.....

Awesome!! I'll take two please...
...frozen berries....

Beautiful!

This hole doesn't freeze?? and the birds don't get frost bite? thats convenient. If I had that….I just MIGHT consider ducks...

The watering hole for the free rangers. It has never frozen and they seem to like standing in it. The water is always flowing so I'm guessing the temperature of the water to be around 50 - 55 degrees which is warmer than the snow.

Got 2 in the box together...
And this large tree fell just feet from the coop. Nothing got damaged, I am thankful!
Great Scott! That was close. I had one come down pretty close to a coop too, those pics are on my phone, which I haven't loaded yet.

Guys I forgot to tell you, I'm getting quail this summer!
ya.gif
Woo HOOOOOO!!
wee.gif
Are you hatching? I've not had quail yet, but LOVE the pics of the teenie tiny babies…

Sally, thanks for the hand warmer tip, I would not have thought of that. I did eventually get the chicks out of my bed. DH was picking up jumper cables to jump the battery on the generator… we have no power yet, and school is closed again tomorrow.

This hole doesn't freeze?? and the birds don't get frost bite? thats convenient. If I had that….I just MIGHT consider ducks...

No it doesn't freeze. Even when it's in the single digits it's open water, and no, no frostbite. The water seeps out of the ground right there, so it's ground temperature.

Last edited:
I just sold 4 dozen eggs to one lady. She loves my eggs and was upset when I didn't have any layers for awhile. Hubby thinks we are selling them too cheaply. I sold them for $3 a dozen. Is that too cheap?

Back
Top Bottom