Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I know the whole pic or it didn't happen rule so I tracked down the bee who just sat down on a bag I had just brought out of the house. Here it is!

Last edited:
Hey all, I have been hatching my own chicks for the past 4 years and have never used a turner.  I got one this year, and am using it currently.  Someone told me that I should put my eggs in little end down, I didn't do that.  Should I switch my eggs?  Any advice?

Yes switch them now! Or the chick may have trouble when it comes time to hatch.
Correct me if I am wrong here guys..

Sitting on my front porch and I kid you not I just got buzzed by a honey bee!
Hey all, I have been hatching my own chicks for the past 4 years and have never used a turner. I got one this year, and am using it currently. Someone told me that I should put my eggs in little end down, I didn't do that. Should I switch my eggs? Any advice?
Get them turned fat end up asap!
These are some of my bees today. They are happy to be flying. :)
My neighbor down over the hill has 20+ hives lined up along our driveway. We've been seeing bees every time temps are above freezing. Been really bad last 2 days. All I can say is if my kids get stung walking to or from the bus because his hives are too close to the driveway there will be a war!!! My kids have to walk within 15 ft of the front of at least 10 of them to get to the bus.

Hey all, I have been hatching my own chicks for the past 4 years and have never used a turner. I got one this year, and am using it currently. Someone told me that I should put my eggs in little end down, I didn't do that. Should I switch my eggs? Any advice?
These are some of my bees today. They are happy to be flying. :)
My neighbor down over the hill has 20+ hives lined up along our driveway. We've been seeing bees every time temps are above freezing. Been really bad last 2 days. All I can say is if my kids get stung walking to or from the bus because his hives are too close to the driveway there will be a war!!! My kids have to walk within 15 ft of the front of at least 10 of them to get to the bus.
That would mean war for me too... Would it help if maybe you went and talked to him before it happens and ask him if he can move them some... Just tell him your concerns.. Maybe it will work..:confused:

Ok done! Thanks all, like I said I've always turned them by hand, and there was no info with the turner. Once again all of you are the best source of info!!

Which way do his hives face? Ten feet is the general clearance suggested for the front of a hive, and you should be able to walk right beside or behind a hive without problems. Honey bees are not typically aggressive unless they are disturbed.

Back
Top Bottom