Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

More chicks!

7 Blue Bredas and 2 Splash
3 New Hampshires

The one with his head down is fine, just getting really sleepy. Eventually they figure out it's harder to sleep standing up.

Sweet!
wee.gif

Domino the rooster out with his ladies enjoying an early evening outing.

A closer shot of Domino.

Deer vs chickens. For some reason I haven't had many of these encounters until recently. At first the deer were terrified of the chickens, but the chickens weren't afraid of the deer. You can see this in my poor quality pictures I took a few weeks ago. I guess the deer eventually realized the chickens are harmless and they now coexist well. I was worried at first of the chickens being trampled because the deer were stomping their legs and I'm pretty sure a chicken went up and pecked it. I didn't really want to intervene though unless havoc went on out there because I'm not there to see every encounter

Deer vs chickens. For some reason I haven't had many of these encounters until recently. At first the deer were terrified of the chickens, but the chickens weren't afraid of the deer. You can see this in my poor quality pictures I took a few weeks ago. I guess the deer eventually realized the chickens are harmless and they now coexist well. I was worried at first of the chickens being trampled because the deer were stomping their legs and I'm pretty sure a chicken went up and pecked it. I didn't really want to intervene though unless havoc went on out there because I'm not there to see every encounter

that's awesome! Do you raise deer? We've only seen 1 deer in our yard since we've moved in but I think they smell the dogs. Last night though, in the field around the corner, we counted about 20 of them just grazing. It was an amazing sight since the most we've ever seen at once was like 7.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom