Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Did you just get there, or did you see all the bikes a few days ago?
we got here on Saturday, we saw a lot of people riding on Sunday. The weather was a bit rainy and very windy Monday and Tuesday. I know they had a car show but did they have a bike show also?

It was Roar to the Shore. There was a motorcycle parade on the boardwalk. I think it was Sunday. I have a friend five miles from there. He was rubbing it in that I wasn't there.

We are on vacation in Ocean City, NJ this week and I am really missing my chickens. My dinner tonight came with a huge piece of butternut squash, I immediately said " oh my girls will like this". My husband thinks I am crazy!

OC, NJ! I'm jealous. Love staying at the Flanders Hotel and eating Mack n Manco's Pizza!, yes I know they changed the name but they'll always be Mack n Manco's to me.

Ray I have been collecting small cucumbers for pickles. I have a good amount for you. My kids love pickles. We tried the sour kraut , I loved it, and my youngest son loved it.
I'm slowly recovering from surgery, still very uncomfortable while driving short distance.
Did you see my post about my rooster? His first crow yesterday.
Would you be interested in a Lav Orp hen?
I'm not so sure if I'm going to keep my original two hens. They are very big girls.
Anyone else's chickens prefer to sleep outside the coop? All my Lav Orps sleep outside on a perch instead of in the coop with the rest. I thought it strange.

So cool that your boy is crowing, they start out sounding so silly, but I like a nice strong Orp crow. Hope you're back to yourself soon, I can't imagine not being able to drive.

@Anne, thanks for the cheese recipes! There were several on that sight, all looked pretty easy. I noticed they were calling for cow's milk, I hope my Nigerian Dwarf milk is rich enough. They are supposed to have the highest butter fat content of the dairy goat breeds.

OC, NJ! I'm jealous. Love staying at the Flanders Hotel and eating Mack n Manco's Pizza!, yes I know they changed the name but they'll always be Mack n Manco's to me.
Thank you for clearing up the Manco n Mancos Pizza, the Mack n Manco is still there but closed and I couldn't figure out why the name difference. Their pizza is the best!

I am all bit up, and wasn't sure if it was from the grass or the coop. I just went out to check butts again, and all I see is molting, and one dirty butt that is irrelevant to the bites. As relieved as I am to not find anything moving that shouldn't be (one would hope the chickens are moving!) I am unsure as what to do about the stupid bugs biting me in the grass. Any thoughts?
Our neighbor spreads lime in his yard every year, he says it helps with bugs. We've never tried it so I didn't check out how safe it is for animals but he swears by it.

Back
Top Bottom