Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Have you tried spreading diatomaceous earth (food grade)? I love the stuff, I add it into my pets' food & have not had a flea or tick problem since (*knock* on wood). Maybe look into beneficial nematodes?

Have you tried spreading diatomaceous earth (food grade)? I love the stuff, I add it into my pets' food & have not had a flea or tick problem since (*knock* on wood). Maybe look into beneficial nematodes?

I assume you are referring to my post. I have thought of it, but the cost of spreading it that far, and reapplying it every few days as it gets washed away is too much.

Every year I look at the available doe licenses, and everyone is sold out quickly except for the lower left and right. Erie usually has quite a few left this time of year. (sigh) I need to remember to look a lot sooner next year.
Who managed to get their doe license this year?

For those who are making bone broth, the bones can be used more than once. Here is a second round, good flavor and color but not much gelling.......no wasting here.

You are amazing!

Nothing amazing here, I have an auto immune disease and chemical exposure is a major trigger,,,,the only way to avoid chemicals in my food is to make it from scratch, and even then it can be hard to tell what was in those original ingredients...
I have a lot less flare ups since I have been paying attention to the food that I eat, it has been a learning curve to not simply go to the store and buy things.

Guess what Pa....
My 20 week old Lav Orp rooster crowed for the first time. It sounded like a broken .trumpet
I'm so proud of my big boy.
ill go upstairs and post a picture.

Nothing amazing here, I have an auto immune disease and chemical exposure is a major trigger,,,,the only way to avoid chemicals in my food is to make it from scratch, and even then it can be hard to tell what was in those original ingredients...
I have a lot less flare ups since I have been paying attention to the food that I eat, it has been a learning curve to not simply go to the store and buy things.
man, that has to be rough, both the disease and having to cook from scratch all the time, sometimes i like to have the husband "cook" just to have a night out.

man, that has to be rough, both the disease and having to cook from scratch all the time, sometimes i like to have the husband "cook" just to have a night out.

Have lived with it for many year's and only made the chemical connection about 5 year's ago..

Do not get me wrong, I still buy way to much premade food......but every little bit helps.
This is the main reason we started to raise our own meat.

I just think twice now before pulling into McDonalds, that quick meal could cost me way more than a couple bucks....( I still do it anyway)

I send things up to a cousin also, she has lupus to the point of interfering with daily life, she also thinks that avoiding chemicals helps her...
No big thing, just a way of life that is different than most.

My friend has auto immune as you know. Lately I've been making candied ginger and ginger beer (naturally carbonated soda, really) and it has reduced some of the pain.
Acv has been helping as well.

Just canned some watermelon rind. Over the weekend we did salsa, cantaloupe, watermelon rind and beets. Next up is rabbit and chicken when I get time to butcher.

Back
Top Bottom