Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So I was just telling hubby this morning how everyone was saying about using old windows as sort of like greenhouses to harden off tomatoes and stuff in the spring (obviously this was a while ago but I just got to telling him lol) and we found this on the way back home with a free sign on it. Guess it was meant to be since we're building raised boxes next spring lol. We managed to load it in the prius. Don't ask. I assure you it was very interesting and I'm sure that had anyone been behind us, they would've been keeping their distance lol. I'm very excited :) the windows actually do still crank open too.

BGirl:

Ha, I am assuming scrawny is still good tasting??? sorry to hear you and your kids are already sick....friends of mine with young children were always fighting some type of cold from October to April...
I tried a piece while cutting it up and sticking it back into the soup pot and he was yummy and tender! I was used to my cornish x's where they were plump and meaty lol. I need to order more, freezer is almost empty!

Too many germs go from school to school. My son is on the football team so they are in contact with schools all over. I just hope it's not that new virus going around since we all have asthma :(

So I was just telling hubby this morning how everyone was saying about using old windows as sort of like greenhouses to harden off tomatoes and stuff in the spring (obviously this was a while ago but I just got to telling him lol) and we found this on the way back home with a free sign on it. Guess it was meant to be since we're building raised boxes next spring lol. We managed to load it in the prius. Don't ask. I assure you it was very interesting and I'm sure that had anyone been behind us, they would've been keeping their distance lol. I'm very excited
smile.png
the windows actually do still crank open too.

Awesome find!

2 little chicks were waiting for me in the incubator when I got home from work !!
wee.gif

One is a Rhodebar, looks like a male, and we have plenty of them already. But the other is the first chick hatched from the second generation of my Welbar project - sooo excited about that one. This is the 3rd batch of eggs and the first 2 were complete failures, I was beginning to think the roo was too young and inexperienced. But maybe the older hens just intimidated him for a while. Of the 8 eggs, only 1 hatched (so far), but it's a start and now I know he's doing his job in there.

I have some egg eaters so I made them a roll out nesting box to put in the coop. It's a front roll out with a flap separating the hens and the eggs. Well my Khaki Campbell duck freaked out when her egg rolled away from her, she started to panic shoved her head through the flap, ripping off the flap and got her egg out of the little collection box and rolled it out of the nesting box, breaking it in the process....So any ideas how to make her more comfortable with this? I may have to make one that the egg collects outside of the coop for her.

This is what I made except it is only one nesting box, I only have 9 hens all together who lay, No matter how many I have they insist on laying in one. 6 chickens and 3 ducks
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/703571/my-roll-out-nest-boxes-pic-heavy

So I was just telling hubby this morning how everyone was saying about using old windows as sort of like greenhouses to harden off tomatoes and stuff in the spring (obviously this was a while ago but I just got to telling him lol) and we found this on the way back home with a free sign on it. Guess it was meant to be since we're building raised boxes next spring lol. We managed to load it in the prius. Don't ask. I assure you it was very interesting and I'm sure that had anyone been behind us, they would've been keeping their distance lol. I'm very excited :) the windows actually do still crank open too.

Great score!

Hello everyone! I've been busy posting this all over facebook so now its time to post it on here.

District Meets:
American Bantam Club
American Brahma Club
State Meets:
American Poultry Association
American Langshan Club
American Silkie Bantam Club
Nankin Club of America
Sebright Club of America
Special Meets:
Ameraucana Breeders Club
Belgian D’Anver Club
National Call Breeders of America
Cochins International
International Waterfowl Fanciers Association
Old English Game Bantam Club
Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club of America
Wyandotte Breeders Club

Premium books is ready to be downloaded. Go to https://lebanonpoultryfanciers.wordpress.com/

For those who are making bone broth, the bones can be used more than once. Here is a second round, good flavor and color but not much gelling.......no wasting here.

Back
Top Bottom