Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hi everyone!!! It has been forever................... since I been on BYC. Miss you all!!! I might have time to read posts now............ hopefully.

I am in search of a tom turkey. Or I have turkey hens for sale. Whichever comes first. Tom must be mottled or palm (Bbs). Thank you for any help!

Howdy Heather:

Long time no hear...hope you find your Tom, dick or harry.....

Hey guys, my fiance and I are planning on buying some land in New Hampshire and raising some ducks. Anyone have a suggestion as to how many would be a good amount for us? We were thinking about buying more Khaki Campbell's or getting the hatchery mixed ducklings from Metzer's farm. I'd be thankful for any and all opinions. Thanks
smile.png

Hi DL

Read on some PA AG site that 14 birds were needed to have a sustainable chicken flock...not sure the operational definition of 'sustainable' is??? don't know if they were talking heritage or production breeds....

@fisherlady, @chiques chicks, and anyone else who may have nice heavy dual purpose birds:
I am getting a new cabinet incubator in a couple weeks & was wondering if y'all could help me out on filling it up. Also interested in turkey & coturnix quail eggs. I can trade eggs, soap, bathsalt, homemade laundry detergent or buy eggs as long as they aren't real expensive.
I'm trying to rebuild my flock from some recent losses.

Any turkens, polish or silkie, sizzle or showgirls are welcome as well.

@Stake I think they mean considering all of the factors including natural deaths and males vs females along with if you eat them or sell them. But I really have no clue so I'm just guessing lol. We were thinking about getting 15 ducks vs 10 of them. I guess the main difference is we would be able to have a few more pairs :)

Just talked to the neighbor, just starting to get 2-3 eggs/ day. Finally getting them unfrozen. Quite a few are coming into lay for the first time, so they are sporadic at the moment, but as the weather warms and days get longer, it will increase.
Guess I need to learn how to hatch ducks now.

Just talked to the neighbor, just starting to get 2-3 eggs/ day. Finally getting them unfrozen. Quite a few are coming into lay for the first time, so they are sporadic at the moment, but as the weather warms and days get longer, it will increase.
Guess I need to learn how to hatch ducks now.
broody ! broody ! broody !
Do you need more silkie's....they hatch ducks so much better than we can

Back
Top Bottom