Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Anybody interested in a Silkie Roo? He has to go now. He was left outside and at 2:30 a.m. he was crowing. He is not aggressive.

Quote: mostly rabbits, and a rooster thrown in there that developed a taste for blood....never a good idea to flog me on butchering day..

Quote: you got most of that right,,,only thing is I can not find gloves to protect from those nails and still be able to hold a knife..

I have no pets, around here it is livestock, in one way or another everything must earn it's place...doesn't mean they are treated badly, just means that they are not handled constantly..

I to understand the pet part, I raised newfoundland's for year's,, but at this point I do not have the time for a pet and that is not fair to them..

Anybody interested in a Silkie Roo? He has to go now. He was left outside and at 2:30 a.m. he was crowing. He is not aggressive.

wish I could help, I have no place to put him that he wouldn't get hurt... If you still have him once I get everything moved around, I may be able to take him to breed more silkie's for broodie's...I only have 2 hen's left and they are 4 year old hen's...but considering my silkie's are really only for brooding, just not doable right now

mostly rabbits, and a rooster thrown in there that developed a taste for blood....never a good idea to flog me on butchering day..

you got most of that right,,,only thing is I can not find gloves to protect from those nails and still be able to hold a knife..

I have no pets, around here it is livestock, in one way or another everything must earn it's place...doesn't mean they are treated badly, just means that they are not handled constantly..

I to understand the pet part, I raised newfoundland's for year's,, but at this point I do not have the time for a pet and  that is not fair to them..

wish I could help, I have no place to put him that he wouldn't get hurt... If you still have him once I get everything moved around, I may be able to take him to breed more silkie's for broodie's...I only have 2 hen's left and they are  4 year old  hen's...but considering my silkie's are really only for brooding, just not doable right now

If I don't find him a home in a few days, I might be contacting you... :D

Hi Y'all!

Free Swedish Flower Hen rooster to a stockpot or a good home. He used to be the friendliest bird ever so we kept him to go with our hen but now he has turned very aggressive (even goes after my 6'3" husband) and we have small children so we just cannot keep him. Don't want him to be abused in fighting but a stockpot is humane, and since I don't have time for that at the moment (just had a baby 3 weeks ago) if anyone on here wants him, please let me know! It would be best if you can pick him up ASAP (maybe this weekend?). I'm in Lititz. Please PM me if you are interested.

He's healthy and large. About 9 months old. Free range. Regular feed.

Thanks!
Jen

My poor girl is a mess, not sure if she'll make it or not. She's clean, Blu Koted (so are me and my hubs), resting in the garage. Gonna make her some scrambled eggs and hope for the best.
hit.gif

Has anyone ever seen lacerations so deep that it peels the skin and flesh?

Too many males in the coop, got to get rid of 2 or 3 asap or they are heading to freezer camp. Just under a year old, slate blue turkeys, $30. Hubby asked me to edit this to say we would consider trades of any of the following that we are planning on adding to our flock:

chickens: wyandottes, ameraucanas, minorcas, or cubalayas
ducks: Cayuga blacks or indian runners
We have had a few really serious breeding injuries in the past- we found you need at least 3 hens to a tom, even then they may need hen savers. (jackets/saddles). We have found Vetericyn spray was the best bet fro healing them, did an amazing job. usually when you find the injury its pretty advanced, we removed the scab, flushed with vetericyn and then sprayed three times a day for about a week. healed amazingly. consider joining Heritage Turkey Hobbyist group on Facebook if you are on there, its not an uncommon occurrence.

We have had a few really serious breeding injuries in the past- we found you need at least 3 hens to a tom, even then they may need hen savers. (jackets/saddles). We have found Vetericyn spray was the best bet fro healing them, did an amazing job. usually when you find the injury its pretty advanced, we removed the scab, flushed with vetericyn and then sprayed three times a day for about a week. healed amazingly. consider joining Heritage Turkey Hobbyist group on Facebook if you are on there, its not an uncommon occurrence.

Hmm... now I'm questioning whether we can realistically keep a breeding pair of your bourbons. Definitely can't keep several hens, also not prepared to handle breeding injuries like that (I don't deal well with big wounds and hub's response would be 'oh well, time to eat her!').

Hmm... now I'm questioning whether we can realistically keep a breeding pair of your bourbons. Definitely can't keep several hens, also not prepared to handle breeding injuries like that (I don't deal well with big wounds and hub's response would be 'oh well, time to eat her!').

I had just a trio and never had injuries. Injurirs can happen reguardless of the number of birds though. To lessen the chances, give your hens plenty of hiding places where the tom won't fit & keep the tom's nails & spurs trimmed & rounded. Sharp claws & spurs greatly increase chances of injury. Also, handle all of your birds frequently & check for wounds or sharp claws & spurs.

So our girl is eating. She wouldn't eat the eggs initially so I took her a handful of blueberries which she promptly devoured. While handing her more blueberries and corn I knocked some eggs off the plate and she ate them. Dumped the eggs off the plate, devoured them too.

Mixed up some tetracycline water and she's drinking tons.

She's fiesty, hissed at a cat that warndered into the garage that tried to reach in a get her eggs.

Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping for the best. Thinking her name will be Hope if she makes it.

So our girl is eating. She wouldn't eat the eggs initially so I took her a handful of blueberries which she promptly devoured. While handing her more blueberries and corn I knocked some eggs off the plate and she ate them. Dumped the eggs off the plate, devoured them too.

Mixed up some tetracycline water and she's drinking tons.

She's fiesty, hissed at a cat that warndered into the garage that tried to reach in a get her eggs.

Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping for the best. Thinking her name will be Hope if she makes it.

Her chances are good if she's eating & drinking.

Back
Top Bottom