Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Cute pictures of the day. First some silkied lavender Ameraucanas (with photobombing by a Cali Grey and Silver Welbar).

Now for the bantam Lavender Ameraucanas. At 3:00 in the afternoon, they are already set for the night.

Wow, beautiful! More eggs that I want from you this spring!
big_smile.png

They are all so pretty! Mine are also tucking themselves in by 3pm too. The oldest ones anyway. I guess they figure it's too cold to be outside anyway. I've only been getting like 1 egg a day. 2 if I'm lucky.

Same here! You know its always the kids that stay out late.
tongue.png
My girls egg production is still way down.

Hey all,

one of our 2 khaki campbells girls became dinner last night to a fox :(

Does anyone have other ducks that would like a new friend? I am looking to rehome her, since I dont intend to get new ducks, and I know she will be awfully lonely..... She is less than a year old and lays an egg every day, she is a sweet girl. I would even meet you/drive to you depending the distance.

Message me!

Thanks!

Hey all, 

Does anyone have other ducks that would like a new friend? I am looking to rehome her, since I dont intend to get new ducks, and I know she will be awfully lonely..... She is less than a year old and lays an egg every day, she is a sweet girl. I would even meet you/drive to you depending the distance.

Message me!

Thanks!

How much and how far to mcveytown? I would have to see as I don't know if I want anymore ducks right now.

Last edited:
Hey all, 

Message me!

Thanks!

If you're anywhere near Altoona/Ebensburg area, I have 3 muscovies that she could hang out with.

Cute pictures of the day. First some silkied lavender Ameraucanas (with photobombing by a Cali Grey and Silver Welbar). Now for the bantam Lavender Ameraucanas. At 3:00 in the afternoon, they are already set for the night.
Beautiful! I so want some bantam Lavenders but my chicken math is getting out of hand. I have to see how spring goes. I am always waiting at 5pm for the teenagers to finally get in for the night.

Good morning everyone! I wanted to pop in and give a tip for anyone who's banking cookies but finds that their girls are all slackers and aren't getting any eggs. That was my morning anyway when I found no eggs after getting the south ask mixed up lol.

Gets an excellent substitute for eggs:

1 Tbsp ground flax
3 Tbsp water

Mix together and stick in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Then you can just add it like your eggs. This recipe replaces 1 large egg so mix up as many as you need :)

I just turned on the first of the cabinet incubators to join the New Year's day hatch-along. Will set eggs tonight: Cream Legbars (mostly pure Jill Rees, I love those pullets) Welbars Ameraucanas - Silvers, Blacks, bantam Lavenders, Black/Lavender splits and 1 Bielefelder egg So, if anyone is thinking of getting some early chicks, I hope to have some available early in January. Changed all the waterers I could to heated water bowls/buckets. Just in time it seems, might get some snow today and later this week we will have lows in the teens. I also turned on the lights in the main coop to start lengthening the days to rush spring a little.
Awesome. How long did you last with the bators off? Haha. Why only 1 Biele? Are they just not producing many eggs right now? I love my Biele, Helga. She has the funniest chicken run I think I've ever seen! She is a gentle soul, too.
First egg today!! :) :)
Congratulations!
[COLOR=333333]Set 89 eggs today for the hatch-a-long.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]26 Cream Legbars[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]38 Welbars[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]1 Bieldfelder[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]1 California Grey[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]23 Ameraucanas (5 Black, 9 Silvers, 5 Black/Lavender split, 4 bantam Lavenders)[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Hoping to have a lot of chicks hatching on New Year's Day.[/COLOR]
Cute pictures of the day. First some silkied lavender Ameraucanas (with photobombing by a Cali Grey and Silver Welbar). Now for the bantam Lavender Ameraucanas. At 3:00 in the afternoon, they are already set for the night.
They are gorgeous. I think I still want a few of those banty Cochins first though. And some others of course... :oops:
I'll be having eggs from my own silkies hatching in a few days they all are growing I havnt had to get rid of any of the eggs due to being infertile or early death and all have really good veining. Will post pics when they hatch.
:thumbsup. We love chick pics!
Good morning everyone! I wanted to pop in and give a tip for anyone who's banking cookies but finds that their girls are all slackers and aren't getting any eggs. That was my morning anyway when I found no eggs after getting the south ask mixed up lol. Gets an excellent substitute for eggs: 1 Tbsp ground flax 3 Tbsp water Mix together and stick in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Then you can just add it like your eggs. This recipe replaces 1 large egg so mix up as many as you need :)
That's very interesting! Never would of thought that could work. Unfortunately, I have to be careful with the "flaxative". :lol:

Back
Top Bottom