Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I came home late yesterday and everyone was in the coop for the night. I went to gather eggs and my EE was sitting on them! I was like "Are you kidding me?! No! No! Off you go!!"

She has only been laying eggs again for about two weeks!! She may have to go. Anyone near berks/Lancaster co want an incorrigible broody?!

I came home late yesterday and everyone was in the coop for the night. I went to gather eggs and my EE was sitting on them! I was like "Are you kidding me?! No! No! Off you go!!"

She has only been laying eggs again for about two weeks!! She may have to go. Anyone near berks/Lancaster co want an incorrigible broody?!

Have you tried using a broody breaker cage? It usually resolves the problem for me in 3 days.

I'll answer the questions about cows in a little bit but I had to quick post this. I made this last night and we had it for breakfast and it is amazing!

http://wickedgoodkitchen.com/carrot-cake-jam-canning-preserving/

Only my second time making jam and it turned out perfect. I've been hitting up farms markets and auctions getting local fresh fruits and veggies and teaching myself how to can. Today it's corn and then spaghetti sauce I think. This jam will definitely be gifted to everyone I know. So cheep too! I used pear and apple and added a little apple juice as well.

Lol. I didnt even know you can can meatballs!
You can can bacon too! Lay bacon on a sheet of parchment paper. Roll it up, and pressure can it. If you want it crispy, you can always put it in a pan when you're using it. It's awesome for camping! All of the stuff you can is good for camping!
I was really surprised by how good the meatballs were! Even the ones that I canned in broth! I precook in the oven to about medium well. Twenty minutes at 350*. Fifteen is fine too. I do it to cut down on grease in the jars. Also, raw packing will make the meatballs stick together some.
If you use a wide mouth jar, you can can meatloaf too! I actually recommend using a higher fat (93% is harder to get to slide out), and just heating it up to dissolve the fat before consuming.

Back
Top Bottom