Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My roo doesn’t crow as much this time of year it seems. Not as much mating that I notice, also.

My Roo is still crowing a lot right now because we have some young fellers in competition, but usually it’s quieter.

Speaking of noise, I have some relatives staying with us in a couple of days. I told them they should bring earplugs. The woman likes to sleep in, so I am sure she will not be able to here. Whoops.

My turkeys that roost in the trees hop down every night and yell for their friends.

My wyandotte roo hasn't started crowing yet and Little Butt, my cochin bantam only crows when he's trying to make sure the world needs to hear him. (Or he wants something, like attention). He's a giant dork for such a little bird.

Ha!HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah good luck with sleeping in with the racket lolol. My mom's bedroom is right next to the coop, so she hears my little guy every morning like clockwork, thankfully she sleeps with ear plugs.

My neighbor on the next hill over must have gotten a new rooster. What is strange is that it is always crowing at odd hours, often at night. It's very loud too since I can hear it through the woods from some unseen distance. On these clear winter nights, like 11 o'clock or even 3 in the morning it sounds really close. I've never heard it during the day though. It has an eerie sound and I thought it was a coyote once! It gets my typically tacit roo to join in the night crowing. Fortunately, the coop is away from our house.

A62587FD-D6AD-402E-A3B5-857645C45B45.jpeg
Hope everyone is healthy and happy and enjoying this Holiday Season.

View attachment 1221109

@Auroradream26. Got this pic of one of the little roos from your eggs yesterday. He is living with some young hens in New Jersey. The little boy named him Marty.

He is adorable! Was he silkie mixed or CCL mixed? He looks like dad was my crele orpington lol. I need to get a picture of Braidon so you can see.

Edited to add: now that looked again, looks like white earlobes (CCL) and feathered legs. Could be marans or silkie depending on what kind of comb he has...

He does look like Braidon though lol

They're here....well sort of! Woke up to a hatched chick and 3 that have pipped! It's the end of day 18 going into 19! :celebrate:wee:ya:highfive::jumpy:yesss::love

Congratulations! It’s so much fun!

He is adorable! Was he silkie mixed or CCL mixed? He looks like dad was my crele orpington lol. I need to get a picture of Braidon so you can see.

Edited to add: now that looked again, looks like white earlobes (CCL) and feathered legs. Could be marans or silkie depending on what kind of comb he has...

He does look like Braidon though lol

I think he is CCL/ Silkie. He has five toes and feathered feet. His coloring was very similar to my CCL Marans too at that stage also. His brother is getting a new home today also!

Back
Top Bottom