Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

C6F57201-B575-4761-BAFF-7FA40930973E.jpeg

6F10BD4D-3A7C-49F2-989A-F4C8FCFA173D.jpeg
$1300 is a lot of money to spend on a chicken coop. Before you make that investment, I would seek out shed movers, or shed companies. I have said this a bunch before, but I got my 10x12’ shed delivered on my property for $375. I had to put a new roof on it, but it was a great deal. It is up on cinderblocks, so not very fancy. But it’s in the woods, who cares? :p I also painted it, and now it looks great. Here are some before and afters.

View attachment 1307406

View attachment 1307407 $1300 is a lot of money to spend on a chicken coop. Before you make that investment, I would seek out shed movers, or shed companies. I have said this a bunch before, but I got my 10x12’ shed delivered on my property for $375. I had to put a new roof on it, but it was a great deal. It is up on cinderblocks, so not very fancy. But it’s in the woods, who cares? :p I also painted it, and now it looks great. Here are some before and afters.

I have a Home Depot card with a max of $2,000. My coop will be out in the open and I have a picky landlord to deal with. I haven't found any nice sheds for cheaper. I really want a lot of room for the chickens so they aren't as crammed as they are now.

I'm seriously considering doing some major flock reduction/rearranging. I think I may sell off my entire legbar flock :/ They're gorgeous birds and I'm happy with how well they lay but there's just no demand for them around here and anymore, we eat very few eggs. We have way too many birds at the moment. I'm thinking of switching to some other breeds. I have blue birchen marans hatching now, as well as English orpingtons and will be getting some blue laced red wyandotte eggs soon.

Soooooo... I am raising 2 brahma hens in our little mixed flock...and just NOW found out how big they'll get!!! :eek: My neighbor says we should sell admission tickets for people to come up our mountain to see them, lol. Does anyone else here in Central PA have brahmas? Please PLEASE tell me they may not all turn out to be giants....pretty please, lol???

Soooooo... I am raising 2 brahma hens in our little mixed flock...and just NOW found out how big they'll get!!! :eek: My neighbor says we should sell admission tickets for people to come up our mountain to see them, lol. Does anyone else here in Central PA have brahmas? Please PLEASE tell me they may not all turn out to be giants....pretty please, lol???

It depends on what line they're from. So many people think that all brahmas are huge but they're not. If they're from hatchery lines, they most likely won't get huge. Bigger than the sex links of course but not monstrous. If they're from a private breeder who's been working with them for size, then yes, they'll probably get huge lol

It depends on what line they're from. So many people think that all brahmas are huge but they're not. If they're from hatchery lines, they most likely won't get huge.
We purchased at a small mom n pop feed store (not TSC) who orders in from hatcheries. I know I should have done my homework BEFORE purchasing them but...you know how that goes, lol.

View attachment 1307406

View attachment 1307407 $1300 is a lot of money to spend on a chicken coop. Before you make that investment, I would seek out shed movers, or shed companies. I have said this a bunch before, but I got my 10x12’ shed delivered on my property for $375. I had to put a new roof on it, but it was a great deal. It is up on cinderblocks, so not very fancy. But it’s in the woods, who cares? :p I also painted it, and now it looks great. Here are some before and afters.
Anne! I love your repurposed coop. Also....please tell me you put those turkey eggs in an incubator. :fl

I'm seriously considering doing some major flock reduction/rearranging. I think I may sell off my entire legbar flock :/ They're gorgeous birds and I'm happy with how well they lay but there's just no demand for them around here and anymore, we eat very few eggs. We have way too many birds at the moment. I'm thinking of switching to some other breeds. I have blue birchen marans hatching now, as well as English orpingtons and will be getting some blue laced red wyandotte eggs soon.

What color Orpingtons do you have?

Back
Top Bottom