Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My son is interested in chicken tutus. What’s in the special treats? I guess your girls are not ready yet? I think I will wait until the girls are ready to be picked up

My son is interested in chicken tutus. What’s in the special treats? I guess your girls are not ready yet? I think I will wait until the girls are ready to be picked up

The polkie pullet would be ready but I'm still trying to be sure of an ameraucana pullet. The poultry treats are a blend of meal worms, oats, BOSS, cheerios, popcorn and cracked corn. The birds go wild for it :) If your son wanted to see pictures of the tutus, I have lots of pictures here on my etsy page: www.etsy.com/shop/onemountainacres

Duckling caught a chick today. She just scooped it up as it stood there in front of her. We love watching them running around. Today was the first time she actually got into them though. She’s been here most of the past week, but hasn’t been in a chick mood I guess.

The polkie pullet would be ready but I'm still trying to be sure of an ameraucana pullet. The poultry treats are a blend of meal worms, oats, BOSS, cheerios, popcorn and cracked corn. The birds go wild for it :) If your son wanted to see pictures of the tutus, I have lots of pictures here on my etsy page: www.etsy.com/shop/onemountainacres
He likes the rainbow tutu. :love I'm not in hurry to the new girls, so I'll take them when they are ready. I know it's difficult to tell ameraucana's gender. Thanks for raising the girls. My son is so happy that he can get another "Brownie" chicken.

He likes the rainbow tutu. :love I'm not in hurry to the new girls, so I'll take them when they are ready. I know it's difficult to tell ameraucana's gender. Thanks for raising the girls. My son is so happy that he can get another "Brownie" chicken.

Rainbow is definitely the most popular! You guys will have to work with them and give them lots of treats. I haven't had too much time to socialize them much but we all know the way to a chicken's heart :)

Thank you for the info.

I have a hen that is probably on the bottom of the pecking order. She has a small prolapse I would guess? Acting and eating normal but I can see some pink tissue protruding when she pushes it out. It goes back in so will it heal on it's own? I'm not sure what to do since it's not a full prolapse like I have seen while looking it up. Any advice?

Thank you for the info.

I have a hen that is probably on the bottom of the pecking order. She has a small prolapse I would guess? Acting and eating normal but I can see some pink tissue protruding when she pushes it out. It goes back in so will it heal on it's own? I'm not sure what to do since it's not a full prolapse like I have seen while looking it up. Any advice?
I don't have experience, but saw people use antibiotic ointment (make sure no painkillers in it--they are not good for chickens) to treat it. Somebody else may give you better suggestions.

Rainbow is definitely the most popular! You guys will have to work with them and give them lots of treats. I haven't had too much time to socialize them much but we all know the way to a chicken's heart :)
I have lots of mealworms to help. ;) All other treats could fail, but mealworms always win their little hearts. My son and I spend lots of time with them too, so they will attach to us in no time. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom