Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I don’t know. You need a cat! Of course, cats don’t necessarily catch mice. DYK? Mom litter trains her babies, teaches them to catch mice and whether or not to eat them.

I have FIVE indoor ones. Four are rescues. The best mouser (Snowy) has apparently retired and he and Luna are more spectators now. I think I need to adopt a feral cat to mouse for me!

Attachments

• Luna and Snowy.jpg
    Luna and Snowy.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 1
We got dry ice at Giant and I was very VERY careful. I had holes at that time around the perimeter of the coop--no holes actually in the floor at that time. I filled the holes as much as I could with dry ice and covered the holes with plastic, then dirt and rocks I think it took three tries before there were no more signs of rats. Apparently, when dry ice evaporates, the gas humanely kills them in the burrows. I don't feel safe doing that inside the henhouse though.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/sc...ry-ice-is-a-citys-newest-weapon-against-rats/

@Lelanae Dry ice worked for rats? where did you get it?

MCC, yup, I agree! Cats are so cool! We have recently started fostering a cat that was at death’s door. Every little step she makes toward recovering feels so very rewarding. ♥❤♥ She is the skinniest cat I have ever seen.

View attachment 2483509
View attachment 2483510
Bless you for seeing the potential in her and being willing to help. I never blame the creatures, only the unknowing or uncaring people who dont bother having their pets fixed and contributing to the ongoing problems.
I would love to see her picture in about 6 weeks, she will be sleek, shiny and happy, I'm sure!

Back
Top Bottom