Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@CuteFluffyButtSilkies Wowza!!! Such beautiful Silkies!! Do you show?

@dheltzel you’re selling a cabinet incubator?? I’ve always wanted one.
Thank you.We don't show yet. We are breeding as close to SOP as we can. In the future we would love to show. We don't have the time to show right now. It's something we would love to do in the future

If anyone has some older hens they are looking to sell, I would be interested in purchasing. Had 4 hens (Buff Oprinton's) for the past few years and had a fox (foxes) get 3 of them. Worried about a lonely chicken for the winter.

If you have any older chickens you are looking to move, please reach out.

Thanks!

Matt
Where do you live Matt? We’re all over PA here.🥰

If anyone has some older hens they are looking to sell, I would be interested in purchasing. Had 4 hens (Buff Oprinton's) for the past few years and had a fox (foxes) get 3 of them. Worried about a lonely chicken for the winter.

If you have any older chickens you are looking to move, please reach out.

Thanks!

Matt

Where are you located? I may have a few that will need new homes.

861A7E9C-AAB9-45DE-8B07-53C4E0A24D12.jpeg
@OneMountainAcres

@fisherlady I’ve had the kitty for 2 weeks now, there has already been a vast improvement in her eye. Here are before and after, sorry if this is too gross for everyone. I’m counting on the fact that most of us are farm people and used to a little blood and swelling.
Day 1
View attachment 2490789
Day 11:
View attachment 2490792

Day 12View attachment 2490795

I realize that she’s getting better, but ever since the eyeball burst (this is the second time) she seems to be in a lot of pain and isn’t eating well anymore. Poor thing. I neglected to mention in the first post that she was found outside completely matted and has been declawed.

Sorry to see her having to go through this, bless you for taking care of her! Many folkscouldn't, or wouldnt... but you are giving her her best chance.
I'm sure the vet can keep you supplied with the heavy duty stuff, but for basic comfy measures you may try a rice pack or hot water bottle wrapped in a towel and even an old alarm clock tucked underneath to provide the 'ticking' sound to simulate a mama cat heart beat. So it doesnt feel quite so lonely when you cant be holding it.

Opinionated people --in your opinion do Legbars or Amerucaunas lay more?
I am having a sad day. My black Amerucauna passed away. She was acting normally but was losing weight although she certainly ate. She was too weak to balance on the roost last night so we brought her in. She passed away very peacefully with a full crop. She was
older. My son adored her--a very friendly girl and full of personality. For blue eggs, I just have the one legbar now.
RIP Jane--I will never forget how you disappeared the first night we got you and finally, we found you in a tree!

Opinionated people --in your opinion do Legbars or Amerucaunas lay more?
I am having a sad day. My black Amerucauna passed away. She was acting normally but was losing weight although she certainly ate. She was too weak to balance on the roost last night so we brought her in. She passed away very peacefully with a full crop. She was
older. My son adored her--a very friendly girl and full of personality. For blue eggs, I just have the one legbar now.
RIP Jane--I will never forget how you disappeared the first night we got you and finally, we found you in a tree!
I believe Legbars lay more eggs per year than any of the real, standard-bred Ameraucanas I have had. It is very possible that Ameraucanas lay for more years, though I am trying to select my Rees Legbars for longevity of lay. My pen of "old" (maybe 3 to 4 years) Legbar hens were laying into October, where I hadn't seen a lavender or black Ameraucana egg since mid-summer. That pen of Legbars has started laying again, just a few weeks after turning on the lights. I don't even look for eggs in the Ameraucana pens until late March. However, once they start, the Ameraucanas seems to lay very regularly.
Some is the hen's age. A first year Ameraucana could very well outlay a 3 year old Legbar, but controlling for age, I think Legbars lay significantly more.
There are also differences between lines or strains. I "think" my Mottleds lay better, but they were young last year and my lavenders and blacks were getting up there in age. A great deal of this is empirical and subjective.

Henny, the 10-month-old Welbar, is very sick. She was ok yesterday morning and even bullied poor Sunny, but perched on the lower roost last night which never happened before because she is high in pecking order. This morning, she hided under the coop and would not come to get treats. She even not really moved. I got her out to check. Her crop was empty and no egg bond (not laying anyway). I put her in basement with a space heater. Since she was not eating, I just hand fed her water with Corid. I gave her some canned corn, and she pecked a few times.

Any suggestionsabout what can I do to save her? Should I try to deworm her? I'm afriad that will kill her.

Just add some information about her: All my chickens are carriers of Marek's Disease, so they do not have great capability to fight diseases. The Corid I gave her was 2 teaspoon per gallon water. I just found out it should be 0.1ml per pound weight if feed directly. I will give her 0.4ml when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom