Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I saved the single one Avian Vet 's info in this area and he is no longer work there! Then I called a few vets may see chickens without an Avian Vet liscense, and they are either booked up for next few weeks or not seeing chickens anymore! Anybody have any idea where can I find an avian vet in center PA area? :hit
New Bolton in South Eastern PA--I also know a Delaware Avian vet--maybe call New Bolton and ask for a reference? 610-444-5800

I'm sorry, It's so hard to find anyone that treats chickens anywhere :( How about Metzger's animal hospital in State College? I know they're an emergency vet and I believe they treat horses but I'm not sure about chickens. Locally, we had a vet (the one we were using for our cat) suddenly close. Totally understandable as he was having heart problems but it was very sudden so every vet within an hour of them is jam packed with new patients just trying to get in somewhere :/

To be honest, I don't trust Metzger. When one of my cats was a kitten and I just brought him to check his diahrea problem, they pulled his teeth out wihtout telling me! He just chewed the cat carrier and that made his front teeth a little loose. And they didn't find his problem anyway. I brought him to a different vet, and she found he was allerge to his food.

I made an appointment at 6:30. However, when I came home to pick up Henny, she’s already gone. :hitThanks for everybody’s help! I will send her to Penn State for necropsy.
I am so sorry, it is so frustrating when there are so few places to turn for help. Hopefully the necropsy will provide more definitive answers and perhaps pursue the vet appointment (even if done virtually) to help establish a relationship with the vet so you can have a game plan in place for future emergencies.

To be honest, I don't trust Metzger. When one of my cats was a kitten and I just brought him to check his diahrea problem, they pulled his teeth out wihtout telling me! He just chewed the cat carrier and that made his front teeth a little loose. And they didn't find his problem anyway. I brought him to a different vet, and she found he was allerge to his food.

Oh wow! We only ever went there once years ago when my dog was attacked by the neighbor's two pit bulls and they were wonderful by that was my only experience.

I made an appointment at 6:30. However, when I came home to pick up Henny, she’s already gone. :hitThanks for everybody’s help! I will send her to Penn State for necropsy.

I'm so sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom