Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My little lavender chick is enjoying her new coop but daddy rooster isn't so sure about this situation.
Turing-4.5weeks.jpg
newcoop.jpg

Anyone know anything about bats (besides the common knowledge)? We found one this afternoon, looking like it couldn't fly, it just kept making feeble attempts and crashing back down in the snow/ice. We caught him and brought him in. He's in a 10 gallon tank with a screen lid and some sticks. He cried a little and jumped around a bit before finding a cozy spot to hang from a branch. He's been sleeping now for over an hour. I think the poor guy is exhausted. We're waiting for a callback from animal rescue. He's such a cute little thing.

20210304_155312.jpg
20210304_155234.jpg
20210304_155125.jpg

Anyone know anything about bats (besides the common knowledge)? We found one this afternoon, looking like it couldn't fly, it just kept making feeble attempts and crashing back down in the snow/ice. We caught him and brought him in. He's in a 10 gallon tank with a screen lid and some sticks. He cried a little and jumped around a bit before finding a cozy spot to hang from a branch. He's been sleeping now for over an hour. I think the poor guy is exhausted. We're waiting for a callback from animal rescue. He's such a cute little thing.

View attachment 2554995View attachment 2554996View attachment 2554998
One summer my husband sprayed our patio for ants and the next morning I found a sick bat. I found a rescue that specializes in bats about 1-2 hours away--it was a miserable drive in a thunderstorm. They feed them peeled fresh mealworms. Bats can not fly from the ground--they have to take off from hanging on a bush or tree. My little guy made it back to the wild after 2 months in rehab--it was really touch and go. They eat tremendous quantities of mosquetos and Pennsylvania populations of brown bats are way down. They are worth saving. Last summer, I hardly saw any. I think I need to put out a bat house since we got our roof fixed....

I have zero bat experience, but it's so good of you to bring him in and take care of him. I hope animal rescue gets back to you soon. Tell us what they say!

I think there’s a bat rescue in Reading area, they weren’t much help when my cat caught a hoary bat (broke its back, I think). Could have just been the guy on the phone that day, too afraid of rabies, which is surprisingly uncommon in bats. That is one very handsome bat! Thank you for caring for it, I hope it recovers.❤️✝️

Thanks for the help everyone! I did email the bat rescue and they emailed me back pretty quickly. They asked me if I could take it to Centre wildlife... which is who we called originally and who still hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Back
Top Bottom