Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Bat update!

I sent pictures to the Pennsylvania Bat Rescue and the lady there contacted me back immediately. Turns out that he's an endangered species (she didn't say which one). Instead of going to a regular wildlife center, she's organized transport to get him to the bat rescue ASAP. There's a lady driving 2 hours to get here to pick him up then immediately or to Harrisburg (another 2-3 hours) to get him to a biologist. Wow!

20210305_073251.jpg
20210304_203152.jpg

I was thinking the exact same thing lol
A few months back you were talking about selling some. Confused!
I had 5 last year. Added 3 nicer ones (GQF 1502's) from a friend. Sold 3 of my older ones, so a net of 5 still. Setting every other week is nice, but it does not optimize the use of space, so I was wishing I had only sold 2. Then I found a deal I could not pass up, a Brinsea OvaEasy 380 with humidity pump. It needs a new turner motor, but I am pretty handy with fixing incubators, so I jumped at the chance to own a Brinsea cabinet..

Hello everyone! I have been interested in adding a Royal Palm or two to my flock and I have been scouring Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and all hatcheries/feed stores around me but have not found anyone with hatchlings near me so far! Since I do not plan on getting more than 2 birds I cannot order online because most websites have minimums so I am looking to find somewhere to pick up one or two in person. I am located in Bucks County, PA and am willing to travel within reason. I am also open to any smaller heritage breeds (Bourbon Red, Narragansett, etc.) so I'd be happy with any pointers to anywhere near me that may have some! If anyone knows of any for sale in my area I'd be greatly appreciative. Thank you in advance!

Does anyone know of anyone that is looking for a Russian Tortoise? We have a female. That we are looking for a new home for. My daughter is not taking care of her and I am stuck taking care of her. She comes with her house and other supplies.
I reached out to a neighbor of mine who has a tortoise and several turtles. She might be interested. I’ll let you know.❤️

Hello everyone! I have been interested in adding a Royal Palm or two to my flock and I have been scouring Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and all hatcheries/feed stores around me but have not found anyone with hatchlings near me so far! Since I do not plan on getting more than 2 birds I cannot order online because most websites have minimums so I am looking to find somewhere to pick up one or two in person. I am located in Bucks County, PA and am willing to travel within reason. I am also open to any smaller heritage breeds (Bourbon Red, Narragansett, etc.) so I'd be happy with any pointers to anywhere near me that may have some! If anyone knows of any for sale in my area I'd be greatly appreciative. Thank you in advance!

How far are you from Altoona/ Ebensburg area? I have a couple palm girls and a couple red girls. IF my fertility goes up I could end up hatching a palm or two or maybe a red here and there lol. Most of mine end up being penciled though. Age is beginning to be an issue for my flock and I'm pretty sure it's affecting fertility. My lead tom Romeo (mottled black) and Princess (royal palm) are 4 or 5 now, Eve (red), Pebbles (bronze), and Sweet Pea (red bronze) will all be 6 this year. Everyone else is penciled and younger but I don't know if Romeo will let Taz mate the girls lol. They are the sweetest birds ever though.

20200711_115725.jpg
20200416_100303.jpg
20191127_204122.jpg

How far are you from Altoona/ Ebensburg area? I have a couple palm girls and a couple red girls. IF my fertility goes up I could end up hatching a palm or two or maybe a red here and there lol. Most of mine end up being penciled though. Age is beginning to be an issue for my flock and I'm pretty sure it's affecting fertility. My lead tom Romeo (mottled black) and Princess (royal palm) are 4 or 5 now, Eve (red), Pebbles (bronze), and Sweet Pea (red bronze) will all be 6 this year. Everyone else is penciled and younger but I don't know if Romeo will let Taz mate the girls lol. They are the sweetest birds ever though.

View attachment 2557430View attachment 2557431View attachment 2557432
Sadly Altoona is a bit far, opposite side of the state actually! But beautiful birds!!

I will have Royal Palms and Mottled Blacks later this spring. One reason you are having trouble finding them now is that it is too early. I have not had any eggs yet (cold weather might be delaying the start of lay - I certainly get that!), but I think others have turkeys that have started to lay already. After mine start laying, it takes 4 weeks to incubate and I only set every 2 weeks, so it could be 6 weeks from start of lay to poults available.
You can message me, or check my website: http://welbars.com/doku.php?id=price_list
That page shows what I have now, will have later, and how to get on the waiting list.

Back
Top Bottom