Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ana doing what Ana does best! First clutch of the year. She's raising a few feed store RSL babies for me.

View attachment 2654423View attachment 2654424View attachment 2654425
I’m so jealous! With Silkies, Cochins, and Brahmas I should have at least 1 healthy broody. Nope, they’re all insane. The only one that even tried this year is a Silkie/Cochin hybrid, she’s sitting on 21 eggs, the rooster mates her ON THE NEST, and at night all the others pile on top of her and scatter the eggs. So chicks are unlikely. Meanwhile I have 19 3-week olds in 2 brooders.

I’m so jealous! With Silkies, Cochins, and Brahmas I should have at least 1 healthy broody. Nope, they’re all insane. The only one that even tried this year is a Silkie/Cochin hybrid, she’s sitting on 21 eggs, the rooster mates her ON THE NEST, and at night all the others pile on top of her and scatter the eggs. So chicks are unlikely. Meanwhile I have 19 3-week olds in 2 brooders.

You need a silver penciled rock from @fisherlady without a doubt, you will have a broody lol

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

Here are my treasures!

20210324_155332.jpg
20210410_153312.jpg

Do we have anyone in south central PA breeding/raising Easter Eggers or Silkies, or any other breed genuinely calm enough for children to work with? We are building the coop now and adding chickens later in the summer when it is complete. I'd rather buy local than ship from a hatchery if possible. Will drive a reasonable distance for them. Thanks!!

Do we have anyone in south central PA breeding/raising Easter Eggers or Silkies, or any other breed genuinely calm enough for children to work with? We are building the coop now and adding chickens later in the summer when it is complete. I'd rather buy local than ship from a hatchery if possible. Will drive a reasonable distance for them. Thanks!!

I'm near Patton, PA so I'm not sure how close that is but I have numerous ameraucana chicks and week have polkies (silkie x polish)

I have bantam Silkie/Cochin hybrids that are really cute. Most of my standard flock is part EE, but although they are handleable I wouldn’t consider them lap chickens for kids (they might be if I didn’t keep so many roos). I’m probably a little far away anyway, Southeast Chester County.

Back
Top Bottom