Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

What I don’t understand is why some of those same people can’t wait to get some NN Silkies

I'm one of those people lol. I love my show girls but don't ever plan on owning a turken. I think they're hideous! But the dark skin on a showgirl with the fluffy feathers make them look cute. I love my turkeys too, so ugly they're beautiful but I just can't get over the true turken look lol

Hmm…I wonder how Naked Necks would fare in my flock. I’m not overfond of their look, but I didn’t know they had strong immune systems. That and their heavy meaty frames might overcome the weird factor, IF I can find good ones. Praying now…:fl
If you are looking for tough chickens, consider these. This is from Sand Hill's description.

Icelandic​

Icelandic - An unbelievably hardy land race. A land race means that they are not all uniform in color or body type. You will see a diversity in comb type as well. They all do seem to have a tuft of feathers on the top of the head. They are superb layers of small to medium sized off-white eggs. Knowing Iceland’s moderate maritime climate and that this breed had developed there for over a thousand years, I was fearful they would not handle the extremes of Iowa weather very well. I was first pleasantly surprised in the Winter when they handled -25 deg. F with ease. Then on that horrible July day with a heat index of 133 deg. F, I was afraid that when I reached their pen I would find them all dead. I was pleasantly surprised to see none dead even though there were massive losses in adjoining pens. They are superb foragers with a most pleasant temperament. This is perhaps the ideal breed for someone who wants a diversity of color, but only wants one breed. They are not a terribly large chicken but are extremely feed efficient. We have maintained this breed since 2011 . Chicks $5.00 (10) SOLD OUT FOR 2021

I'm one of those people lol. I love my show girls but don't ever plan on owning a turken. I think they're hideous! But the dark skin on a showgirl with the fluffy feathers make them look cute. I love my turkeys too, so ugly they're beautiful but I just can't get over the true turken look lol
Same here. I cannot stand the look of turkens, but feel showgirls are cute. Turkeys look ugly in pictures, but cute in real life.

I agree, turkeys are only good for eating. Sooooo ugly.
CD647453-2355-4B53-9C34-B851E90CF64A.jpeg 6843CC1C-C622-45ED-B9A8-66A2E368BCBC.jpeg B631CFBD-4946-41EB-9639-B192695005F2.jpeg 55A5BDE9-2010-40B4-8E0E-FBA111DB1040.jpeg CDAD4C4E-196C-4101-9FCB-B9B2CB902167.jpeg C0680392-453A-4D0F-9E7C-AEF45C3BC2E5.jpeg EC3469AD-0A8F-4C3F-A232-1555F964314E.jpeg 551AA3E0-6B26-44A7-BE59-F43753CD4569.jpeg

Okay, so I’m asking for a “friend.” If a dog rolls in scat, and you can’t get the stench out of their collar, do you keep trying with saddle soap, or just throw it away? A new collar is already ordered… by said “friend.” They just hate throwing away leather.

Last edited:
My “friend” thanks you for the suggestion. They will try again with Dawn, and follow it with Febreeze. The dog has been bathed three times, and now smells like vinegar. Hopefully that will be the end of the stink. It’s been three days now. Inside the ears (“they” were careful) was the fun part thoroughly done again today. “They” thought the dog was mad, but it was just the baking soda and vinegar combination. :lau

Back
Top Bottom