Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey all, I made the three hour ride to Dennis (dheltzel) from www.welbars.com this weekend and picked up some pullets. Just wanted to say that he is a pleasant man to meet. The passion he has for his breeding hobby is immediately evident. It was a brief but nice visit and I encourage anyone with interest in the breeds that he raises to look into giving him your business. I got some beautiful Lavender Ameraucanas, Black and Blue Marans and his last Welbar. Thanks Dennis!

Hey all, I made the three hour ride to Dennis (dheltzel) from www.welbars.com this weekend and picked up some pullets. Just wanted to say that he is a pleasant man to meet. The passion he has for his breeding hobby is immediately evident. It was a brief but nice visit and I encourage anyone with interest in the breeds that he raises to look into giving him your business. I got some beautiful Lavender Ameraucanas, Black and Blue Marans and his last Welbar. Thanks Dennis!
You'll have to come back next year to add some silver Welbars and various colored Legbars and Olive Eggers. You only have half the set - you must collect them all!

DucksInARow.jpg

I want to say I got my ducks in a row, but some of these are "goose ducks" and "turkey ducks".
The female Pilgrim goose is missing a lot of feathers from the back of her head. You could say she was "well loved" by her mate. She laid 46 eggs this year, and so far, 32 goslings have hatched (4 eggs left incubating). Since Metzer says Pilgrims lay 20 to 25 eggs on average, with about 60% fertility, it seems like her and her mate are overachievers.

Totally agree. I drove to him twice before. You live very close to me. The chicks are very healthy and friendly. The Weblar eggs are shinny dark brown! His ameraucanas are super friendly birds! I don't have marans from him though. I plan to have my chicks shipped this year though.

Hi I am looking to rehome a rooster, a Buff Orpington 5 month old. Located near Hanover PA. Message if interested.
I don't have a home for him, but if your name is "CarrollChicken" and you are near Hanover, you must live very close to where I grew up. I graduated from Francis Scott Key HS and could see the lights of their athletic fields from my house.

If you have children of 4-H age, I can put you in contact with my cousin who works with 4-H kids in Carroll county.

Back
Top Bottom