Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

E66E0F95-0719-476C-A4E7-72338C371464.jpeg 8C205531-C9CA-4E3F-9FEF-A42F575D3136.jpeg

@TillyPeeps - 3 of the sexlinked Ameraucanas hatched Monday. 1 black is a definite female, looks like the 2 lavenders are a pair, but the lavenders are easier to sex when they are about 5 or 6 days old.
I can bring them along when I travel to Woodbury (Bedford County?) on August 20th. I can also bring some genetic hackles and cream legbars for @OneMountainAcres if she wants.

I have more due to hatch on the 22nd, and could ship some then. Not sure how many I need to put into a box in August to keep them warm enough, but not too warm. Not a far trip, but shipping in less than ideal temps adds some risk. I would really hate for you to receive a box with dead chicks. That happened to me once years ago and it is traumatic.

Would anyone have use for a silkie cockerel, just starting to crow and mate. Beautiful boy but he doesn't quite have blue ears (they are blue & pink.). He was bred in a pen where they were working on chocolate silkies. If it would increase interest I can throw in the white silkie pullet he is bonded with. The hen has an off-color (not black) beak. Both are about 4 months old.

Attachments

• penrose.jpg
    penrose.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 3
  • penrose2.jpg
    penrose2.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom