People getting cheap or just lazy ??

Yeah, I don't understand that! I mean, I would bater eggs for services, but would not give people eggs! I sell mine below cost, but the person that comes and gets them meets me on campus when I am free! That's just terrible! Unless they were getting something in return, not necessiarly monetary, good choice in riding of the flock!

One of my wife's friends gives her eggs away to friends/family and never asks for anything in return and wouldn't take money. If we visited we always brought something to give in return (blueberries, squash, homemade bread, etc) if she had extra eggs or not. In the fall hopefully we'll start getting our own eggs from our chickens.

Gee, let's see here for a second. This wek so far, I gave 2 dozen to my neighbor, he gives me good deals on things I buy, for instance a wood spliter at cost and a air compressor.

I gave my son 3 dozen, cause he has grandchildren and I love them.

My Mother received 2 dozen, cause she is 87 years old and needs the nutrition, and I love her.

My Mother in law was given 2 dozen cause she is on a limited income, needs the nutrition, grew up on the farm, and I love here.

I delivered them all and expected nothing in return.

Somehow it gives me purpose.

Someway it makes sense to me.

bigzio

Friends and family are one place that most people would share readily with. But would you want to do it for 70 or 80 people who took it for granted?

When I was a kid my grandfather and I used to go camping at this really nice place about 4 hours from home and we would stop and buy eggs from this really nice people about a mile away from the camp ground, it was kind of like a it was part of the whole trip we would stop and talk with the people and pay for the eggs and then go camping. Well one time we go to buy eggs the same way we had been doing for the past 10 years but one eggs to be found. We asked why they had stopped selling them and the wife told us that they had a lady from LA that came to buy eggs and told her that she was charging too much for her eggs! The lady told us that after that she knew it would only get worse and the down to earth people of the world were all gone.........
Very sad.

When I used to have 20 hens, I took 7 or 8 dozen in to work with me every week. I put a can in the break room with a picture of one of my chickens that said "feed the chickens" and if people wanted to/could afford to contribute then that was great. I actually made enough with the honor system to pay for the layer pellets.
We have several places around my house that have "eggs for sale" signs at the end of the driveway, I hope that doesn't go away.

I give my boss eggs because he has to listen to my chicken stories all day!
lol.png

My husband just started taking our extras to his work. I am getting $2.50 per dozen now. I am totally out of eggs now. I need to get the lights up asap to keep up with the demand for eating and hatching eggs.

I bring about 2-3 doz. in to work for my co-workers. Sometimes they give me lunch money for them, sometimes not. Mostly I know I can count on them when I need a favor here and there. It comes in handy, considering that the people who are indebted to me for eggs are, like, extremely senior managers. Otherwise I would never meet these people, I'd be considered too lowly to be worthy of their presence.

Back
Top Bottom