People think I'm crazy, what about you?

Eggette

Songster
9 Years
Mar 17, 2014
NE GA
Hi everyone! It's been a long while since I was on this site, I've missed it. But finally was able to get back on! So here I go!
So ever since last year and the pandemic and all the shortages I've been seeing in the world around me, I've been concerned about where my food comes from and depending on man too much. I've seen a lot to concern me just by working in retail. And since me and my fiance moved back to live with my parents. I've been trying for the past few months to replenish and add again to my flock And I've even taking to adding a few new animals to my parents small acreage homestead. I recently aquired a small flock of welsh harlequin ducks and purchased a small package of bees for my mom who after many years of not having any, to try again at being a beekeeper. And recently I've considered getting some dwarf goats for my own dairy products. My mom has a wonderful garden every year and she loves gardening and her and my dad even built a greenhouse to grow stuff in. So I figure my own passions and interest only go hand in hand with their passion of gardening, crafting and building.
But I've noticed during this time that when I share my hobby and my passion for farm animals and the joy's and delights that come with them, people laugh at me and think I'm a crazy chicken lady.
Do ever any of yall encounter this in yalls own venture into chicken keeping and farm life?

What does it matter what other think? If you're happy doing what you do, then do it. It's not about their opinion. Some people think sky diving is the greatest. Hurling myself out of a perfectly good airplane, heading down towards the ground at a great speed, depending on a piece of cloth to save me, in my opinion is crazy too. It's not up to me to judge those that want to homestead, or those that want to sky dive. It's not up to others to judge me.

Hi everyone! It's been a long while since I was on this site, I've missed it. But finally was able to get back on! So here I go!
So ever since last year and the pandemic and all the shortages I've been seeing in the world around me, I've been concerned about where my food comes from and depending on man too much. I've seen a lot to concern me just by working in retail. And since me and my fiance moved back to live with my parents. I've been trying for the past few months to replenish and add again to my flock And I've even taking to adding a few new animals to my parents small acreage homestead. I recently aquired a small flock of welsh harlequin ducks and purchased a small package of bees for my mom who after many years of not having any, to try again at being a beekeeper. And recently I've considered getting some dwarf goats for my own dairy products. My mom has a wonderful garden every year and she loves gardening and her and my dad even built a greenhouse to grow stuff in. So I figure my own passions and interest only go hand in hand with their passion of gardening, crafting and building.
But I've noticed during this time that when I share my hobby and my passion for farm animals and the joy's and delights that come with them, people laugh at me and think I'm a crazy chicken lady.
Do ever any of yall encounter this in yalls own venture into chicken keeping and farm life?
I wish more people took an active interest in where their food comes from and what it takes to produce it.

Just do what you want to and who cares if they don’t “get it”?
No doubt you’re right where you should be!

Sounds awesome! Nothing crazy about it! ..if others think your crazy then they can watch you eat delicious fresh eggs and all the other fresh produce straight from your backyard! 💓
Yes some people think you're (I'm) crazy but they will probably envy you in the long run because your self sufficient with your own fresh produce ❤️

Back
Top Bottom