people with house chickens

Muffy at her valentines day shoot

OMG! How cute!!!
love.gif

Exciting news everyone! I might be going to a friends farm on Tuesday for the first time. She's the one that gave me Frizzle. I'm hoping she'll let me adopt another one of her bantam hens so Frizzle can have a friend. Frizzy still hasn't laid her first egg yet but I am hoping when I go get her a new brand of pellets and possible a friend this will encourage her to lay. It would be so awesome to cook with an egg that my chicken laid. Like a present from my pet. She got cracked corn today so she was super happy. My friend also has some left over pvc she said she would give me to try to build her an outdoor run. I really want to build her something bigger and also an area outside to get sunlight and forge in the grass. Well anyways wish me luck. I hope everything works out and I get to go up on a real farm this Tuesday!

Exciting news everyone! I might be going to a friends farm on Tuesday for the first time. She's the one that gave me Frizzle. I'm hoping she'll let me adopt another one of her bantam hens so Frizzle can have a friend. Frizzy still hasn't laid her first egg yet but I am hoping when I go get her a new brand of pellets and possible a friend this will encourage her to lay. It would be so awesome to cook with an egg that my chicken laid. Like a present from my pet. She got cracked corn today so she was super happy. My friend also has some left over pvc she said she would give me to try to build her an outdoor run. I really want to build her something bigger and also an area outside to get sunlight and forge in the grass. Well anyways wish me luck. I hope everything works out and I get to go up on a real farm this Tuesday!

That's awesome!! I grew up in a small town where farms were ever present it's so awesome and relaxing to visit them.

Good luck,hope frizzle gets a nice friend ;)

Do your chickens play with toys?

George and sugar play soccer, they kick and nudge around a tennis ball sized basketball lol.

It's so cute!
They ate out of my daughters' hand today too! They loved it :) happy mom

:)

Last edited:
Aww Muffy chases anything u throw! I thought about getting her a friend but she dosnt like other birds sense she was picked on so much :/ plus she loves the 1 on 1

I now have a house chicken! Glory is his/her name. She likes to be petted, she's only a week old. She was the only one that hatched out and survived. I don't know what breed she is, only that she is a buff gold color. When I put my hand in her cage, she runs right up to it and hops on to be taken out! I don't have any diapers for her yet, she's too little. :)

Aww when she's like 4 weeks you can put one on her! Avian fashions. Com has the cheaper beginner ones in a 4 pk of sizes for them to et used to! Order now so u can put them on as soon as they fit!

Exciting news everyone! I might be going to a friends farm on Tuesday for the first time. She's the one that gave me Frizzle. I'm hoping she'll let me adopt another one of her bantam hens so Frizzle can have a friend. Frizzy still hasn't laid her first egg yet but I am hoping when I go get her a new brand of pellets and possible a friend this will encourage her to lay. It would be so awesome to cook with an egg that my chicken laid. Like a present from my pet. She got cracked corn today so she was super happy. My friend also has some left over pvc she said she would give me to try to build her an outdoor run. I really want to build her something bigger and also an area outside to get sunlight and forge in the grass. Well anyways wish me luck. I hope everything works out and I get to go up on a real farm this Tuesday!
Its starts with one, then you get her a friend, then you look around and realize you're surrounded. look left, a hen. right, a hen, up, down, spin around and stand on your head, what do you see, a hen!
lau.gif
But seriously best of luck to you. and Please please please post some pictures when (and if) you get a new one.
big_smile.png

Its starts with one, then you get her a friend, then you look around and realize you're surrounded. look left, a hen. right, a hen, up, down, spin around and stand on your head, what do you see, a hen!
lau.gif
But seriously best of luck to you. and Please please please post some pictures when (and if) you get a new one.
big_smile.png
yuckyuck.gif
And SO true!

Back
Top Bottom