people with house chickens

Quote:
Oh my word... I hate the word Goat! This morning when I went to let my goats out to graze, they weren't there! So I walked around the camp and then there in the corner was a cut out hole in the fence I(some stole them) I was so angry! If I ever find them and the guy who took them, I will personally hurt him (badly)
I really miss them
hit.gif
!
Oh no! So sorry
hit.gif
It is the meanest thing EVER to steal someone's pets/animals!!!! Just like taking a member of the family! So sorry
hugs.gif

Here's a little ditty to amuse you.
Our sultan Hen comes to the back door to come in to lay.
We just got a new kitten who peed in her usual nesting box/crate and she didn't like that.
So I run upstairs for her little hatbox. I notice a larger hatbox and fill it with pine shavings also.
She just cannot decide on the small box (on the opposite side of the Roo) or the large one.
So her Roo comes in as well.
All this conversation over which box to choose. Notice, he gives her a demo by squating down in laying position as if she doesn't already know the ropes. Still, he sure gives it his all!
I'm sure going to miss these two characters!!
LOL...totally hilarious
lau.gif

Hi Housechicken peoples. I have been away for quite some time. My other name is CHickie Momma but I can't remember the password and they can't delete the other account so I made another account. So has anyone had a sight impaired chicken? I believe one of my hens is sight impaired. she walks into walls and just stands there. Poor thing. She has been in the house for the last 3 days because I didn't realize that she was so wasted away and now I make sure she eats really well and drinks vitamin water all day long. She has her appetite and thirst drive back. I give her cooked carrots and fresh tomatoes which she adores :) She also loves fresh peas and fruit as well. She wanted to go outside today. She was waiting at the door to go outside!! I had a conversation with her before she went out that she had to come back inside the house at the end of the day to see me.She is much more alert today than she was 3 days ago when I tube fed her and gave her fluids by tube as well. You could even say she is quite perky and that makes me very happy!! She will be monitored very closely in the house daily...
I love my hens very much.

I don't see you possibly needing special tips for him wanting to be house rooster. I mean unless he starts crowing lots inside. 

I've literally only had him one day and he's my first. I rescued him. So does he need to spend a certain amount of time outside? Can I bathe him so he won't stink like he currently does? Should he have a different diet if he's a house rooster?

I've literally only had him one day and he's my first. I rescued him. So does he need to spend a certain amount of time outside? Can I bathe him so he won't stink like he currently does? Should he have a different diet if he's a house rooster?

I see, welcome to chicken ownership. It would be good for him to spend time outside everyday, but Pancake my house chicken doesn't. She'd much rather be inside with everyone. Also YES you can give him a bath. Google 'how to bathe a chicken' and you'll find many helpful links on the subject and even a video. Sometimes chickens need human baths, but once he isn't smelly and wet you should offer him a nice clean dirt for him to dust bathe in.

Back
Top Bottom